The Theory and Practice of Regulation with Multinational Enterprises
AbstractThe ability of firms to operate in several markets at the same time is changing regulators' tasks. Regulatory bodies are now having to deal with multinational firms which spread their business activities all over the world. This paper analyzes the theory and practice of regulation in terms of the multinational dimensions of regulated firms. We show that the perceived theory of regulation is indeed affected, and that new issues arise both from a positive and normative point of view. Copyright 2001 by Kluwer Academic Publishers
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Regulatory Economics.
Volume (Year): 20 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100298
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carlo Scarpa & Giacomo Calzolari, 2009. "On Regulation and Competition: Pros and Cons of a Diversified Monopolist," Working Papers 2009.55, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Olsen, Trond E. & Straume, Odd Rune, 2005.
"Access regulation and cross-border mergers: Is international coordination beneficial?,"
2005/8, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Lommerud, Kjell Erik & Olsen, Trond E. & Straume, Odd Rune, 2005. "Access regulation and cross-border mergers: Is international coordination beneficial?," Working Papers in Economics 13/05, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Olsen, Trond E. & Osmundsen, Petter, 2003. "Spillovers and international competition for investments," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 211-238, January.
- Olsen, Trond E. & Osmundsen, Petter, 2010.
"Multinationals, tax competition and outside options,"
2010/13, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Olsen, Trond E. & Osmundsen, Petter, 2011. "Multinationals, tax competition and outside options," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(11), pages 1579-1588.
- Olsen, Trond & Osmundsen, Petter, 2009. "Multinationals, tax competition, and outside options," UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance 2009/28, University of Stavanger.
- Alexei Alexandrov & Özlem Bedre-Defolie, 2011. "Sales tax competition and a multinational with a decreasing marginal cost," ESMT Research Working Papers ESMT-11-01, ESMT European School of Management and Technology.
- Karabay, Bilgehan, 2010. "Foreign direct investment and host country policies: A rationale for using ownership restrictions," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(2), pages 218-225, November.
- Calzolari, Giacomo & Scarpa, Carlo, 2007. "Regulating a Multi-Utility Firm," CEPR Discussion Papers 6238, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dag Morten Dalen & Trond Olsen, 2003. "Regulatory Competition and Multi-national Banking," CESifo Working Paper Series 971, CESifo Group Munich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.