Estimates of technical inefficiency in stochastic frontier models with panel data: generalized panel jackknife estimation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Productivity Analysis.
Volume (Year): 34 (2010)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100296
Technical inefficiency; Stochastic frontier; Panel data; Jackknife; Bootstrap; C10; C15;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Iván Fernández-Val & Frank Vella, 2007.
"Bias corrections for two-step fixed effects panel data estimators,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP04/07, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Fernández-Val, Iván & Vella, Francis, 2011. "Bias corrections for two-step fixed effects panel data estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 163(2), pages 144-162, August.
- Francis Vella & Ivan Fernandez-Val, 2007. "Bias Corrections for Two-Step Fixed Effects Panel Data Estimators," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2007-010, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Fernández-Val, Iván & Vella, Francis, 2007. "Bias Corrections for Two-Step Fixed Effects Panel Data Estimators," IZA Discussion Papers 2690, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Leopold SIMAR & Wolfgang HAERDLE, .
"Iterated bootstrap with applications to frontier models,"
Statistic und Oekonometrie
9302, Humboldt Universitaet Berlin.
- Hall, P. & Hardle, W. & Simar, L., 1991. "Iterated bootstrap with applications to frontier models," CORE Discussion Papers 1991021, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Jinyong Hahn & Whitney Newey, 2004.
"Jackknife and Analytical Bias Reduction for Nonlinear Panel Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 72(4), pages 1295-1319, 07.
- Jinyong Hahn & Whitney Newey, 2003. "Jackknife and analytical bias reduction for nonlinear panel models," CeMMAP working papers CWP17/03, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Hahn, Jinyong & Kuersteiner, Guido, 2011. "Bias Reduction For Dynamic Nonlinear Panel Models With Fixed Effects," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(06), pages 1152-1191, December.
- Myungsup Kim & Yangseon Kim & Peter Schmidt, 2007.
"On the accuracy of bootstrap confidence intervals for efficiency levels in stochastic frontier models with panel data,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 165-181, December.
- Myungsup Kim & Yangseon Kim & Peter Schmidt, 2006. "On the Accuracy of Bootstrap Confidence Intervals for Efficiency Levels in Stochastic Frontier Models with Panel Data," Working Papers 0704, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-74, October.
- PARK, Byeong & SIMAR, Léopold, 1992.
"Efficient semiparametric estimation in stochastic frontier model,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1992013, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Park, B.U. & Simar, L., 1992. "Efficient Semiparametric Estimation in Stochastic Frontier Model," Papers 9201, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Feng, Qu & Horrace, William C., 2012. "Estimating technical efficiency in micro panels," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 730-733.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.