Becoming the best: by beating or ignoring the best? Toward an expanded view of the role of managerial selection in complex and turbulent environments
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Management & Governance.
Volume (Year): 15 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102940
Managerial selection; Market selection; Competitive focus; NKC model;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jan W. Rivkin & Nicolaj Siggelkow, 2007. "Patterned Interactions in Complex Systems: Implications for Exploration," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 53(7), pages 1068-1085, July.
- Alvin E. Roth, 2002. "The Economist as Engineer: Game Theory, Experimentation, and Computation as Tools for Design Economics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1341-1378, July.
- Ghemawat, Pankaj & Spence, A Michael, 1985. "Learning Curve Spillovers and Market Performance," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 100(5), pages 839-52, Supp..
- Holland, John H & Miller, John H, 1991. "Artificial Adaptive Agents in Economic Theory," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 365-71, May.
- Paul Romer, 1989.
"Endogenous Technological Change,"
NBER Working Papers
3210, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages S71-102, October.
- Jan W. Rivkin, 2000. "Imitation of Complex Strategies," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 46(6), pages 824-844, June.
- Geoffrey Hodgson & ThorbjÃ¸rn Knudsen, 2004. "The firm as an interactor: firms as vehicles for habits and routines," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 281-307, 07.
- Armen A. Alchian, 1950. "Uncertainty, Evolution, and Economic Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 211.
- Jack P. C. Kleijnen, 1988.
"Analyzing Simulation Experiments with Common Random Numbers,"
Management Science, INFORMS,
INFORMS, vol. 34(1), pages 65-74, January.
- Kleijnen, J.P.C., 1988. "Analyzing simulation experiments with common random numbers," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-369816, Tilburg University.
- Thorbj, rn Knudsen, 2002. "Economic selection theory," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 443-470.
- Eocman Lee & Jeho Lee & Jongseok Lee, 2006. "Reconsideration of the Winner-Take-All Hypothesis: Complex Networks and Local Bias," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 52(12), pages 1838-1848, December.
- Jansen, J.J.P. & Tempelaar, M.P. & van den Bosch, F.A.J. & Volberda, H.W., 2008. "Structural Differentiation and Ambidexterity: The Mediating Role of Integration Mechanisms," ERIM Report Series Research in Management, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasm ERS-2008-072-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Levinthal, Daniel & March, James G., 1981. "A model of adaptive organizational search," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 307-333, December.
- Michael J. Lenox & Scott F. Rockart & Arie Y. Lewin, 2007. "Interdependency, Competition, and Industry Dynamics," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 53(4), pages 599-615, April.
- Nathalie Lazaric & Alain Raybaut, 2005. "Knowledge, hierarchy and the selection of routines: an interpretative model with group interactions," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 393-421, October.
- Gino Cattani & Alex Dorsch & Sidney G. Winter, 2007. "The Value of Moderate Obsession: Insights from a New Model of Organizational Search," LEM Papers Series 2007/03, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- R. W. Conway & B. M. Johnson & W. L. Maxwell, 1959. "Some Problems of Digital Systems Simulation," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 6(1), pages 92-110, October.
- Sendil K. Ethiraj & Daniel Levinthal, 2004. "Modularity and Innovation in Complex Systems," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 50(2), pages 159-173, February.
- Daniel A. Levinthal, 1997. "Adaptation on Rugged Landscapes," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 43(7), pages 934-950, July.
- Abatecola, Gianpaolo, 2014. "Research in organizational evolution. What comes next?," European Management Journal, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 434-443.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.