Rapid internationalisation enabled by the Internet: The case of a knowledge intensive company
AbstractIn this paper we will show how knowledge intensive firms can quicken their internationalisation by using the Internet as a sales channel. When properly applied the Internet can provide a way to decrease the effects of liability of foreignness and resource scarcity, and herewith contribute to an increased speed of internationalisation. The focus of the empirical research is on a Finnish knowledge intensive company and the development of its international operations and sales channels. The study applies the longitudinal case study method when examining in-depth the development of Futuremark Corporation for a period of five years. Copyright Springer Science + Business Media, Inc. 2005
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of International Entrepreneurship.
Volume (Year): 3 (2005)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=112039
International new venture; Internet; Sales channel; Speed of internationalisation; Resource scarcity; Liability of foreignness;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nitish Singh & Sumit Kundu, 2002. "Explaining the Growth of E-Commerce Corporations (ECCs): An Extension and Application of the Eclectic Paradigm," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 33(4), pages 679-697, December.
- Preece, Stephen B. & Miles, Grant & Baetz, Mark C., 1999. "Explaining the international intensity and global diversity of early-stage technology-based firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 259-281, May.
- Phillips McDougall, Patricia & Shane, Scott & Oviatt, Benjamin M., 1994. "Explaining the formation of international new ventures: The limits of theories from international business research," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 9(6), pages 469-487, November.
- Indujeeva Peiris & Michèle Akoorie & Paresha Sinha, 2012. "International entrepreneurship: A critical analysis of studies in the past two decades and future directions for research," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 10(4), pages 279-324, December.
- Casillas, José C. & Moreno, Ana M. & Acedo, Francisco J. & Gallego, María A. & Ramos, Encarnación, 2009. "An integrative model of the role of knowledge in the internationalization process," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 311-322, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.