Public Subsidies to Business: An International Comparison
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade.
Volume (Year): 11 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=105724
public support; business; subsidies; public procurement; effectiveness; H25; H57; L52;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H25 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Business Taxes and Subsidies
- H57 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Procurement
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe & Dominique Guellec, 2003.
"The impact of public R&D expenditure on business R&D,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/6213, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Dominique Guellec & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe De La Potterie, 2003. "The impact of public R&D expenditure on business R&D," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 225-243.
- Dominique Guellec & Bruno van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, 2000. "The Impact of Public R&D Expenditure on Business R&D," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2000/4, OECD Publishing.
- Devereux, Michael P. & Griffith, Rachel & Simpson, Helen, 2007. "Firm location decisions, regional grants and agglomeration externalities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(3-4), pages 413-435, April.
- Rohan Chindooroy & Patrice Muller & Giovanni Notaro, 2007. "Company survival following rescue and restructuring State aid," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 165-186, October.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Paul Seabright, 2006.
""Wasteful" Public Spending and State Aid Control,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 4(2-3), pages 513-522, 04-05.
- Lerner, Josh, 1999. "The Government as Venture Capitalist: The Long-Run Impact of the SBIR Program," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72(3), pages 285-318, July.
- Gual, Jordi & Jodar, Sandra, 2006. "Vertical industrial policy in the EU: an empirical analysis of the effectiveness of state aid," EIB Papers 10/2006, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Risaburo Nezu, 2007. "Industrial Policy in Japan," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 229-243, December.
- Martin Falk, 2004. "What Drives Business R&D Intensity Across OECD Countries?," WIFO Working Papers 236, WIFO.
- Christian Ketels, 2007. "Industrial Policy in the United States," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 147-167, December.
- Florence Jaumotte & Nigel Pain, 2005. "An Overview of Public Policies to Support Innovation," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 456, OECD Publishing.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Toivanen, Otto, 2005.
"Do financial constraints hold back innovation and growth?: Evidence on the role of public policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1385-1403, November.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Toivanen, Otto, 2003. "Do Financial Constraints Hold Back Innovation and Growth? Evidence on the Role of Public Policy," Discussion Papers 820, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Mayer, Thierry, 2004. "Where do foreign firms locate in France and why?," EIB Papers 7/2004, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Karen Helene Midelfart-Knarvik & Henry G. Overman, 2002. "Delocation and European integration: is structural spending justified?," Economic Policy, CEPR & CES & MSH, vol. 17(35), pages 321-359, October.
- Schwartz, Gerd & Clements, Benedict, 1999. " Government Subsidies," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 119-47, April.
- Ades, Alberto & Di Tella, Rafael, 1997. "National Champions and Corruption: Some Unpleasant Interventionist Arithmetic," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(443), pages 1023-42, July.
- Dimitris Skuras & Kostas Tsekouras & Efthalia Dimara & Dimitris Tzelepis, 2006. "The Effects of Regional Capital Subsidies on Productivity Growth: A Case Study of the Greek Food and Beverage Manufacturing Industry," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 355-381.
- Karl Aiginger, 2013.
"A New Strategy for the European Periphery,"
WIFO Working Papers
- Giorgio Barba Navaretti & Anthony J. Venables, 2013.
"Multinationals and industrial policy,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 29(2), pages 361-382, SUMMER.
- Farla, Kristine, 2012.
"Industrial policy for growth,"
MERIT Working Papers
039, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Karl Aiginger, 2013. "A Southern Europe strategy based on vision and industrial policy," EKONOMIAZ, Gobierno Vasco / Eusko Jaurlaritza / Basque Government, vol. 82(01), pages 127-168.
- Crafts, Nicholas & Hughes, Alan, 2014. "Industrial Policy for the Medium to Long-term," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 178, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.