The neighborhood effects of foreclosure
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Geographical Systems.
Volume (Year): 11 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=103079
Hedonic model; Foreclosures; Spatial dependence; Local public goods; Property values; R21; R28; H41;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- R28 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Government Policy
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhenguo Lin & Eric Rosenblatt & Vincent Yao, 2009. "Spillover Effects of Foreclosures on Neighborhood Property Values," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 387-407, May.
- Ambrose, Brent W & Capone, Charles A, 2000.
"The Hazard Rates of First and Second Defaults,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer,
Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 275-93, May.
- Won Kim, Chong & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 2003.
"Measuring the benefits of air quality improvement: a spatial hedonic approach,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 24-39, January.
- Kim, Chong Won & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 1998. "Measuring The Benefits Of Air Quality Improvement: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20959, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Dubin, Robin A., 1992. "Spatial autocorrelation and neighborhood quality," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 433-452, September.
- Kashian, Russell & Carroll, Joseph D., Jr., 2011. "The Effect of SheriffÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Sales on Condominium Sub-Market Property Values," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 41(1).
- W. Scott Frame, 2010. "Estimating the effect of mortgage foreclosures on nearby property values: a critical review of the literature," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- repec:reg:wpaper:641 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chan, Sewin & Gedal, Michael & Been, Vicki & Haughwout, Andrew, 2013.
"The role of neighborhood characteristics in mortgage default risk: Evidence from New York City,"
Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 100-118.
- Chan, Sewin & Gedal, Michael & Been, Vicki & Haughwout, Andrew, 2011. "The role of neighborhood characteristics in mortgage default risk: evidence from New York City," MPRA Paper 33941, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kashian, Russell & Cebula, Richard & Cramer, Eric, 2014. "Foreclosures in an Exurb: Multiple Empirical Analyses through a Prism," MPRA Paper 55557, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Linda Gerkman, 2012. "Empirical spatial econometric modelling of small scale neighbourhood," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 283-298, July.
- Sandra Phillips, 2010. "The Subprime Crisis and African Americans," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 223-229, September.
- Stephanie Y. Rauterkus & Norman G. Miller & Grant I. Thrall & Michael A. Sklarz, 2012. "Foreclosure Contagion and REO versus non-REO Sales," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 15(3), pages 307-324.
- Stephan Whitaker & Thomas J. Fitzpatrick IV, 2012. "Land Bank 2.0: an empirical evaluation," Working Paper 1230, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Michael Johnson & David Turcotte & Felicia Sullivan, 2010. "What Foreclosed Homes Should a Municipality Purchase to Stabilize Vulnerable Neighborhoods?," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 363-388, September.
- Cohen, Jeffrey P. & Coughlin, Cletus C. & Lopez, David A., 2012. "The boom and bust of U.S. housing prices from various geographic perspectives," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 341-368.
- Biswas, Arnab, 2012. "Housing submarkets and the impacts of foreclosures on property prices," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 235-245.
- Kenneth P. Brevoort & Cheryl R. Cooper, 2010. "Foreclosure's wake: the credit experiences of individuals following foreclosure," Finance and Economics Discussion Series, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.) 2010-59, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Johnson, Michael P. & Solak, Senay & Drew, Rachel Bogardus & Keisler, Jeffrey, 2013. "Property value impacts of foreclosed housing acquisitions under uncertainty," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 292-308.
- Whitaker, Stephan & Fitzpatrick IV, Thomas J., 2013. "Deconstructing distressed-property spillovers: The effects of vacant, tax-delinquent, and foreclosed properties in housing submarkets," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 79-91.
- Kristopher Gerardi & Adam Hale Shapiro & Paul S. Willen, 2009. "Decomposing the foreclosure crisis: House price depreciation versus bad underwriting," Working Paper, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta 2009-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.