The neighborhood effects of foreclosure
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Geographical Systems.
Volume (Year): 11 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=103079
Hedonic model; Foreclosures; Spatial dependence; Local public goods; Property values; R21; R28; H41;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- R21 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Housing Demand
- R28 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Government Policy
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kim, Chong Won & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 1998.
"Measuring The Benefits Of Air Quality Improvement: A Spatial Hedonic Approach,"
1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT
20959, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Won Kim, Chong & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 2003. "Measuring the benefits of air quality improvement: a spatial hedonic approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 24-39, January.
- Dubin, Robin A., 1992. "Spatial autocorrelation and neighborhood quality," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 433-452, September.
- Brent W. Ambrose & Charles A. Capone, .
"The Hazard Rates of First and Second Default,"
Zell/Lurie Center Working Papers
301, Wharton School Samuel Zell and Robert Lurie Real Estate Center, University of Pennsylvania.
- Zhenguo Lin & Eric Rosenblatt & Vincent Yao, 2009. "Spillover Effects of Foreclosures on Neighborhood Property Values," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(4), pages 387-407, May.
- Stephan Whitaker & Thomas J. Fitzpatrick IV, 2012. "Land Bank 2.0: an empirical evaluation," Working Paper 1230, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Stephanie Y. Rauterkus & Norman G. Miller & Grant I. Thrall & Michael A. Sklarz, 2012. "Foreclosure Contagion and REO versus non-REO Sales," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 15(3), pages 307-324.
- Chan, Sewin & Gedal, Michael & Been, Vicki & Haughwout, Andrew, 2011.
"The role of neighborhood characteristics in mortgage default risk: evidence from New York City,"
33941, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chan, Sewin & Gedal, Michael & Been, Vicki & Haughwout, Andrew, 2013. "The role of neighborhood characteristics in mortgage default risk: Evidence from New York City," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 100-118.
- Michael Johnson & David Turcotte & Felicia Sullivan, 2010. "What Foreclosed Homes Should a Municipality Purchase to Stabilize Vulnerable Neighborhoods?," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 363-388, September.
- Kristopher Gerardi & Adam Hale Shapiro & Paul S. Willen, 2009. "Decomposing the foreclosure crisis: House price depreciation versus bad underwriting," Working Paper 2009-25, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Whitaker, Stephan & Fitzpatrick IV, Thomas J., 2013. "Deconstructing distressed-property spillovers: The effects of vacant, tax-delinquent, and foreclosed properties in housing submarkets," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 79-91.
- Kashian, Russell & Carroll, Joseph D., Jr., 2011. "The Effect of Sheriffâ€™s Sales on Condominium Sub-Market Property Values," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 41(1).
- Kenneth P. Brevoort & Cheryl R. Cooper, 2010. "Foreclosure's wake: the credit experiences of individuals following foreclosure," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2010-59, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- W. Scott Frame, 2010. "Estimating the effect of mortgage foreclosures on nearby property values: a critical review of the literature," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Higgins, Eric & Calomiris, Charles, 2011. "Policy Briefings: Are Delays to the Foreclosure Process a Good Thing?," Working paper 641, Regulation2point0.
- Sandra Phillips, 2010. "The Subprime Crisis and African Americans," The Review of Black Political Economy, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 223-229, September.
- Biswas, Arnab, 2012. "Housing submarkets and the impacts of foreclosures on property prices," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 235-245.
- Cohen, Jeffrey P. & Coughlin, Cletus C. & Lopez, David A., 2012. "The boom and bust of U.S. housing prices from various geographic perspectives," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 341-368.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.