Dynamic efficiency of Cournot and Bertrand competition: input versus output spillovers
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics.
Volume (Year): 98 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
Bertrand competition; Cournot competition; Process R&D; Efficiency; Spillovers; L13;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hans Gersbach & Armin Schmutzler, 2003.
"Endogenous spillovers and incentives to innovate,"
Economic Theory, Springer,
Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 59-79, 01.
- Mukherjee, Arijit, 2005. "Price and quantity competition under free entry," Research in Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 59(4), pages 335-344, December.
- Amir, Rabah & Jin, Jim Y. & Troege, Michael, 2008. "On additive spillovers and returns to scale in R&D," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 695-703, May.
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Geanakoplos, John D & Klemperer, Paul D, 1985. "Multimarket Oligopoly: Strategic Substitutes and Complements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 488-511, June.
- Cellini, Roberto & Lambertini, Luca & Ottaviano, Gianmarco I. P., 2004. "Welfare in a differentiated oligopoly with free entry: a cautionary note," Research in Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 125-133, June.
- Kamien, Morton I. & Zang, Israel, 2000. "Meet me halfway: research joint ventures and absorptive capacity," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 18(7), pages 995-1012, October.
- Lin, Ping & Saggi, Kamal, 2002. "Product differentiation, process R&D, and the nature of market competition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 201-211, January.
- Jeroen Hinloopen, 2003. "R&D Efficiency Gains Due to Cooperation," Journal of Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 80(2), pages 107-125, October.
- Burr, Chrystie & Knauff, Malgorzata & Stepanova, Anna, 2013. "On the prisoner’s dilemma in R&D with input spillovers and incentives for R&D cooperation," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 254-261.
- Yanfang Zhang & Shue Mei & Weijun Zhong, 2014. "New technology adoption in a Cournot oligopoly with spillovers," Journal of Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 112(2), pages 115-136, June.
- Raymond De Bondt & Jan Vandekerckhove, 2012. "Reflections on the Relation Between Competition and Innovation," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 7-19, March.
- Ruble, Richard & Versaevel, Bruno, 2014. "Market shares, R&D agreements, and the EU block exemption," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 15-25.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.