AbstractThe Political Economy of Poverty, Equity and Growth: A Comparative Study. By Deepak Lal and H. Myint. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1996. Pp. xviii + 458. ï¿½45. ISBN 0 19 828863 8 Liberation Ecologies: Environment, Development, Social Movements. Edited by Richard Peet and Michael Watts. London and New York: Routledge, 1996. Pp.xii + 273. ï¿½45 and ï¿½14.99. ISBN 0 415 13361 0 and 13362 9 The Indonesian Economy since 1966: Southeast Asia's Emerging Giant. By Hal Hill. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996. Pp.xv + 328. ï¿½50 and ï¿½17.95. ISBN 0 521 49512 1 and 40862 7. Accounting for Economic Development and Social Change. By Steven J. Keuning. Amsterdam: IOS Press, 1996. Pp.x + 233. ï¿½39. ISBN 90 5199 282 3 Social and Demographic Accounting. Edited by Geoffrey J.D. Hewings and Moss Madden. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1995. Pp.ix + 242. ï¿½30. ISBN 0 521 46572 9. Constraints on the Success of Structural Adjustment Programmes in Africa. Edited by Charles Harvey. London: Macmillan, 1996. Pp.xii + 248. ï¿½14.99. ISBN 0 333 642931 Regionalism and the Global Economy: The Case of Latin America and the Caribbean. Edited by Jan Joost Teunisson. The Hague: Forum on Debt and Development (FONDAD), 1995. Pp.163. US$20. ISBN 90 74208 06 1 Halting Degradation of Natural Resources: Is There a Role for Rural Communities? By Jean-Marie Baland and Jean-Philippe Platteau. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1996. Pp.xvi + 423. ï¿½45. ISBN 0 19 828921 9 China's Transitional Economy. Edited by Andrew G. Walder. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1996. Pp.xiii +220. ï¿½12.99. ISBN 0 19 829097 7 The Chinese Economy under Deng Xiaoping. Edited by Robert F. Ash and Y.Y. Kueh. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1996. Pp.viii + 288. ï¿½13.99. ISBN 0 19 8288 22 0 Population and Human Resources Development in the Sudan. Edited by O.S. Ertur and WJ. House. Ames, IA: Iowa State University Press, 1996. Pp.xiii + 329. $54.95. ISBN 0 8138 0699 2 What Makes Women Sick: Gender and the Political Economy of Hea
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economics Zeitschrift für Nationalökonomie.
Volume (Year): 71 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=108909
Other versions of this item:
- John Quiggin & Mia Mikic & Tim Hazledine & Allan Catt, 2002. "Book reviews," New Zealand Economic Papers, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 127-143.
- Piggott, Roley R. & Quiggin, John C. & Samuel, Nicholas & Trewin, Ray, 1998. "Book reviews," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 42(4), December.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matthew W. Peter & Mark Horridge & G.A. Meagher & Fazana Naqvi & B.R. Parmenter, 1996. "The Theoretical Structure of MONASH-MRF," Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre Working Papers op-85, Victoria University, Centre of Policy Studies/IMPACT Centre.
- Lumsdaine, Robin L. & Mitchell, Olivia S., 1999.
"New developments in the economic analysis of retirement,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,
in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 49, pages 3261-3307
- Robin L. Lumsdaine & Olivia S. Mitchell, . "New Developments in the Economic Analysis of Retirement," Pension Research Council Working Papers 98-8, Wharton School Pension Research Council, University of Pennsylvania.
- Hans M. Amman & David A. Kendrick, . "Computational Economics," Online economics textbooks, SUNY-Oswego, Department of Economics, number comp1.
- Smith, Vernon L. & Williams, Arlington W., 1982. "The effects of rent asymmetries in experimental auction markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 99-116, March.
- Joseph F. Quinn & Richard V. Burkhauser & Daniel A. Myers, 1990. "Passing the Torch: The Influence of Economic Incentives on Work and Retirement," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number pt, October.
- Friedman, Daniel & Ostroy, Joseph, 1995. "Competitivity in Auction Markets: An Experimental and Theoretical Investigation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(428), pages 22-53, January.
- Bound, John & Burkhauser, Richard V., 1999. "Economic analysis of transfer programs targeted on people with disabilities," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 51, pages 3417-3528 Elsevier.
- Dixon, Peter B. & Parmenter, B.R., 1996. "Computable general equilibrium modelling for policy analysis and forecasting," Handbook of Computational Economics, in: H. M. Amman & D. A. Kendrick & J. Rust (ed.), Handbook of Computational Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 3-85 Elsevier.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.