Venture Capital Backed Growth
AbstractThe paper proposes a simple equilibrium model of venture capital, start-up entrepreneurship and innovation. Venture capitalists not only finance but also advise start-up entrepreneurs and thereby add value to new firms. The paper shows how a productive and active venture capital industry boosts innovation based growth. It also demonstrates the potential of tax policy to promote innovation and growth by strengthening incentives for more intensive venture capital support.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Economic Growth.
Volume (Year): 9 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (06)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102931
Other versions of this item:
- Keuschnigg. Christian, 2002. "Venture Capital Backed Growth," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 114, Royal Economic Society.
- Christian Keuschnigg, 2002. "Venture Capital Backed Growth," CESifo Working Paper Series 664, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christian Keuschnigg, 2002. "Venture Capital Backed Growth," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2002 2002-04, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- O16 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kanniainen, V. & Keuschnigg, C., 2001.
"Start-up Investment With Scarce Venture Capital Support,"
University of Helsinki, Department of Economics
503, Department of Economics.
- Kanniainen, Vesa & Keuschnigg, Christian, 2004. "Start-up investment with scarce venture capital support," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1935-1959, August.
- Vesa Kanniainen & Christian Keuschnigg, 2001. "Start-Up Investment with Scarce Venture Capital Support," CESifo Working Paper Series 439, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christian Keuschnigg, 2002. "Start-Up Investment With Scarce Venture Capital Support," University of St. Gallen Department of Economics working paper series 2002 2002-03, Department of Economics, University of St. Gallen.
- Wasmer, Etienne & Weil, Philippe, 2000.
"The Macroeconomics of Labor and Credit Market Imperfections,"
IZA Discussion Papers
179, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Etienne Wasmer & Philippe Weil, 2004. "The Macroeconomics of Labor and Credit Market Imperfections," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(4), pages 944-963, September.
- Wasmer, Etienne & Weil, Philippe, 2002. "The Macroeconomics of Labour and Credit Market Imperfections," CEPR Discussion Papers 3334, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Samuel Kortum & Josh Lerner, 2000. "Assessing the Contribution of Venture Capital to Innovation," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(4), pages 674-692, Winter.
- Hellmann, Thomas & Puri, Manju, 2000. "The Interaction between Product Market and Financing Strategy: The Role of Venture Capital," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 13(4), pages 959-84.
- Klaus M. Schmidt, 2003.
"Convertible Securities and Venture Capital Finance,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 58(3), pages 1139-1166, 06.
- Klaus Schmidt, 1999. "Convertible Securities and Venture Capital Finance," CESifo Working Paper Series 217, CESifo Group Munich.
- Schmidt, Klaus M., 1999. "Convertible Securities and Venture Capital Finance," CEPR Discussion Papers 2317, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Azariadis, Costas & Chakraborty, Shankha, 1999. "Agency Costs in Dynamic Economic Models," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(455), pages 222-41, April.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.