Corporation as a Crucial Ally Against Corruption
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Business Ethics.
Volume (Year): 87 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100281
Bribe Payers Index; corporation; corruption; Corruption Perceived Index; doing business; investment climate; World Bank Governance and Anticorruption report;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ingrid Bonn & Josie Fisher, 2005. "Corporate Governance and Business Ethics: insights from the strategic planning experience," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(6), pages 730-738, November.
- Dollar, David & Hallward-Driemeier, Mary & Mengistae, Taye, 2005. "Investment Climate and Firm Performance in Developing Economies," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 1-31, October.
- Francesco Caselli & Massimo Morelli, 2000.
Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics
134, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- John Elkington, 2006. "Governance for Sustainability," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(6), pages 522-529, November.
- Ola Peter Krohn Gjessing & Henrik Syse, 2007. "Norwegian Petroleum Wealth and Universal Ownership," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 427-437, 05.
- Huang, Haizhou & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2005.
"Monetary Policies for Developing Countries: The Role of Institutional Quality,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4911, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Huang, Haizhou & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2006. "Monetary policies for developing countries: The role of institutional quality," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 239-252, September.
- William D. Coleman & Anthony Perl, 1999. "Internationalized Policy Environments and Policy Network Analysis," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 47(4), pages 691-709, 09.
- Fisman, Raymond & Svensson, Jakob, 2000.
"Are corruption and taxation really harmful to growth? - firm-level evidence,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2485, The World Bank.
- Fisman, Raymond & Svensson, Jakob, 2007. "Are corruption and taxation really harmful to growth? Firm level evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 63-75, May.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, .
"The Regulation of Entry,"
19462, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andre Shleifer, 2000. "The Regulation of Entry," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1904, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "The Regulation of Entry," Working Paper Series rwp01-015, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio LopezdeSilanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "The Regulation of Entry," NBER Working Papers 7892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & López-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "The Regulation of Entry," CEPR Discussion Papers 2953, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Shleifer, Andrei & Lopez de Silanes, Florencio, 2001. "The regulation of entry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2661, The World Bank.
- Pantzalis, Christos & Park, Jung Chul & Sutton, Ninon, 2008. "Corruption and valuation of multinational corporations," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 387-417, June.
- Alberto Ades & Rafael Di Tella, 1997. "The New Economics of Corruption: a Survey and Some New Results," Political Studies, Political Studies Association, vol. 45(3), pages 496-515.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Love, Inessa & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2006.
"Business environment and the incorporation decision,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 2967-2993, November.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Love, Inessa & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2004. "Business Environment and the Incorporation Decision," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3317, The World Bank.
- Sandra E. Black & Philip E. Strahan, 2002. "Entrepreneurship and Bank Credit Availability," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(6), pages 2807-2833, December.
- Élodie Béthoux & Claude Didry & Arnaud Mias, 2007. "What Codes of Conduct Tell Us: corporate social responsibility and the nature of the multinational corporation," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 77-90, 01.
- Stephen D. Potts & Ingrid Lohr Matuszewski, 2004. "Ethics and Corporate Governance," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 177-179, 04.
- Wu, Shih-Ying, 2006. "Corruption and cross-border investment by multinational firms," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 839-856, December.
- Zhong Zhang, 2007. "Legal Deterrence: the foundation of corporate governance - evidence from China," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 741-767, 09.
- Sir Adrian Cadbury, 2000. "The Corporate Governance Agenda," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 7-15, 01.
- Everett, Jeff & Neu, Dean & Rahaman, Abu Shiraz, 2007. "Accounting and the global fight against corruption," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 513-542, August.
- Mauro, Paolo, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712, August.
- Alice Belcher, 2002. "Corporate Killing as a Corporate Governance Issue," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 47-54, 01.
- César Calderón & Lin Liu, 2002.
"The Direction of Causality Between Financial Development and Economic Growth,"
Working Papers Central Bank of Chile
184, Central Bank of Chile.
- Calderon, Cesar & Liu, Lin, 2003. "The direction of causality between financial development and economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 321-334, October.
- Posner, Richard A, 1998. "Creating a Legal Framework for Economic Development," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 13(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Klapper, Leora & Laeven, Luc & Rajan, Raghuram, 2006. "Entry regulation as a barrier to entrepreneurship," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 591-629, December.
- Toke S. Aidt, 2003. "Economic analysis of corruption: a survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(491), pages F632-F652, November.
- Valentine, Sean & Greller, Martin M. & Richtermeyer, Sandra B., 2006. "Employee job response as a function of ethical context and perceived organization support," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(5), pages 582-588, May.
- Fang Huang & John Rice, 2012. "Firm Networking and Bribery in China: Assessing Some Potential Negative Consequences of Firm Openness," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 107(4), pages 533-545, June.
- Antonino Vaccaro, 2012. "To Pay or Not to Pay? Dynamic Transparency and the Fight Against the Mafia’s Extortionists," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 106(1), pages 23-35, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.