The Logic of Gift and Gratuitousness in Business Relationships
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Journal of Business Ethics.
Volume (Year): 100 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100281
Benedict XVI; Business management; Business relationships; Caritas in Veritate ; Catholic social teaching; Gratuitousness; Logic of gift; Organizations;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Becker, Gary S, 1974.
"A Theory of Social Interactions,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1063-93, Nov.-Dec..
- Lane, Robert E., 1992. "Work as "disutility" and money as "happiness": Cultural origins of a basic market error," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 43-64.
- Bruhn, Manfred, 1996. "Business gifts: A form of non-verbal and symbolic communication," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 61-68, February.
- Ruth, Julie A & Otnes, Cele C & Brunel, Frederic F, 1999. " Gift Receipt and the Reformulation of Interpersonal Relationships," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(4), pages 385-402, March.
- Corvellec, Hervé & Bevan, David, 2005. "The Impossibility of Corporate Ethics – For a Levinasian Approach to Managerial Ethics," GRI-rapport 2005:9, University of Gothenburg, Gothenburg Research Institute GRI.
- Belk, Russell W & Coon, Gregory S, 1993. " Gift Giving as Agapic Love: An Alternative to the Exchange Paradigm Based on Dating Experiences," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(3), pages 393-417, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.