Relative importance of hedge fund characteristics
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Financial Markets and Portfolio Management.
Volume (Year): 20 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=119763
Hedge funds; characteristics; performance; G11; G15; G23;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephen Brown & William Goetzmann, 2001.
"Hedge Funds With Style,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm21, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Apr 2008.
- A. Harri & B. W. Brorsen, 2004. "Performance persistence and the source of returns for hedge funds," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 131-141.
- Edwin J. Elton & Martin J. Gruber & Christopher R. Blake, 2003. "Incentive Fees and Mutual Funds," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(2), pages 779-804, 04.
- Fung, William & Hsieh, David A, 1997. "Empirical Characteristics of Dynamic Trading Strategies: The Case of Hedge Funds," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 275-302.
- Baquero, G. & Horst, J.R. ter & Verbeek, M.J.C.M., 2002.
"Survival, Look-Ahead Bias and the Persistence in Hedge Fund Performance,"
2002-111, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Baquero, G. & Horst, J.R. ter & Verbeek, M.J.C.M., 2002. "Survival, Look-Ahead Bias and the Persistence in Hedge Fund Performance," Research Paper ERS-2002-104-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- John M. Griffin & G. Andrew Karolyi, .
"Another Look at the Role of the Industrial Structure of Markets for International Diversification Strategies,"
Research in Financial Economics
9608, Ohio State University.
- Griffin, John M. & Andrew Karolyi, G., 1998. "Another look at the role of the industrial structure of markets for international diversification strategies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 351-373, December.
- Heston, Steven L. & Rouwenhorst, K. Geert, 1994. "Does industrial structure explain the benefits of international diversification?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 3-27, August.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Alexey Malakhov & Dmitry Novikov, 2006.
"Do Hot Hands Exist Among Hedge Fund Managers? An Empirical Evaluation,"
NBER Working Papers
12015, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ravi Jagannathan & Alexey Malakhov & Dmitry Novikov, 2010. "Do Hot Hands Exist among Hedge Fund Managers? An Empirical Evaluation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 65(1), pages 217-255, 02.
- Daniel N. Deli, 2002. "Mutual Fund Advisory Contracts: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 109-133, 02.
- Golec, Joseph & Starks, Laura, 2004. "Performance fee contract change and mutual fund risk," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 93-118, July.
- Agarwal, Vikas & Naik, Narayan Y., 2000. "Multi-Period Performance Persistence Analysis of Hedge Funds," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(03), pages 327-342, September.
- Kouwenberg, Roy & Ziemba, William T., 2007. "Incentives and risk taking in hedge funds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 3291-3310, November.
- Stefan Kassberger & Rüdiger Kiesel, 2006. "A fully parametric approach to return modelling and risk management of hedge funds," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 20(4), pages 472-491, December.
- Cumming, D. & Johan, S.A., 2005.
"Provincial preferences in private equity,"
2005-004, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Douglas Cumming & Sofia Johan, 2007.
"Advice and monitoring in venture finance,"
Financial Markets and Portfolio Management,
Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 3-43, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.