Nature Reserves as a Bioeconomic Management Tool: A Simplified Modelling Approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists in its journal Environmental and Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 47 (2010)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100263
Extinction; Marine reserve; Maximum sustainable yield; Nature reserve; Resource management; Wildlife reserve; Q20;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- R. Grafton & Tom Kompas & Viktoria Schneider, 2005. "The Bioeconomics of Marine Reserves: A Selected Review with Policy Implications," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 161-178, 01.
- Hannesson, Rognvaldur, 1998. "Marine Reserves: What Would They Accomplish?," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 13(3).
- Sanchirico, James & Wilen, James, 2000. "The Impacts of Marine Reserves on Limited-Entry Fisheries," Discussion Papers dp-00-34, Resources For the Future.
- Pezzey, John C. V. & Roberts, Callum M. & Urdal, Bjorn T., 2000. "A simple bioeconomic model of a marine reserve," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 77-91, April.
- Schulz, Carl-Erik & Skonhoft, Anders, 1996. "Wildlife management, land-use and conflicts," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(03), pages 265-280, July.
- Smith, Martin D. & Wilen, James E., 2003. "Economic impacts of marine reserves: the importance of spatial behavior," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 183-206, September.
- Anders Skonhoft & Jan Tore Solstad, 1998. "The Political Economy of Wildlife Exploitation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(1), pages 16-31.
- Smith, Vernon L, 1969. "On Models of Commercial Fishing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(2), pages 181-98, March/Apr.
- Holland, Daniel S. & Brazee, Richard J., 1996. "Marine Reserves For Fisheries Management," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 11(3).
- Brown, Gardner & Roughgarden, Jonathan, 1997. "A metapopulation model with private property and a common pool," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 65-71, July.
- Ngoc, Quach Thi Khanh & Flaaten, Ola, 2010. "Protected Areas for Conflict Resolution and Management of Recreational and Commercial Fisheries," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 25(4).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.