Specialization and concentration: a note on theory and evidence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Empirica.
Volume (Year): 33 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100261
Spatial model of trade; Concentration of industries; Specialization of countries; European integration; NAFTA; L16; R11; R12; R13;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L16 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Industrial Organization and Macroeconomics; Macroeconomic Industrial Structure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R13 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General Equilibrium and Welfare Economic Analysis of Regional Economies
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:fth:eeccco:142 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:fth:eeccco:141 is not listed on IDEAS
- K.H. Midelfart & H.G. Overman & S.J. Redding & A.J. Venables, 2000. "The location of European industry," European Economy - Economic Papers 142, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Paul Krugman, 1990.
"Increasing Returns and Economic Geography,"
NBER Working Papers
3275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Esteban Rossi-Hansberg, 2005. "A Spatial Theory of Trade," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1464-1491, December.
- Martin Hallet, 2000. "Regional specialisation and concentration in the EU," European Economy - Economic Papers 141, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Höhenberger, Nicole & Schmiedeberg, Claudia, 2008. "Structural convergence of European countries," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 75, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Natércia Godinho Mira, 2008. "Indústria transformadora portuguesa: especialização das regiões e/ou concentração geográfica de indústrias?," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2008_13, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Longhi, C. & Musolesi, A. & Baumont, C., 2013. "Modeling the industrial dynamics of the European metropolitan areas during the process of economic integration: a semiparametric approach," Working Papers 2013-10, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Fajgelbaum, Pablo & Grossman, Gene M. & Helpman, Elhanan, 2011.
"Income distribution, product quality, and international trade,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
5843, The World Bank.
- Pablo Fajgelbaum & Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 2011. "Income Distribution, Product Quality, and International Trade," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(4), pages 721 - 765.
- Pablo D. Fajgelbaum & Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 2009. "Income Distribution, Product Quality, and International Trade," NBER Working Papers 15329, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaba, Elisabeta & Balan, Christiana & Roman, Mihai & Roman, Monica, 2010. "Statistical evaluation of spatial concentration of unemployment by gender," MPRA Paper 25161, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised May 2010.
- Gheorghe SAVOIU & Ion IORGA SIMAN & Viorel CRACIUNEANU, 2012. "The Phenomenon Of Concentration - Diversification In Contemporary Globalization," Romanian Statistical Review, Romanian Statistical Review, vol. 60(4), pages 5-27, May.
- Farhauer, Oliver & Kröll, Alexandra, 2009. "Verfahren zur Messung räumlicher Konzentration und regionaler Spezialisierung in der Regionalökonomik," Passauer Diskussionspapiere, Volkswirtschaftliche Reihe V-58-09, University of Passau, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Ion Lucian Ceapraz, 2008. "The Concepts Of Specialisation And Spatial Concentration And The Process Of Economic Integration: Theoretical Relevance And Statistical Measures. The Case Of Romania’S Regions," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 2(1), pages 68-93, June.
- HAEDO, Christian & MOUCHART, Michel, 2012. "A stochastic independence approach for different measures of concentration and specialization," CORE Discussion Papers 2012025, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Cutrini, Eleonora, 2009. "Using entropy measures to disentangle regional from national localization patterns," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 243-250, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.