Analytic Derivatives for Linear Rational Expectations Models
AbstractThis paper sets out the analytic solution for the calculation of exact derivatives in linear rational expectations models with reference to the optimal simple rule problem. We argue that there are substantial computational advantages of using analytic derivatives and compare the likely computational costs of using approximate and exact derivatives when calculating optimal coefficients for simple feedback rules. A specific algorithm for finite time optimization is also outlined, which will reduce the computational time required and is simple to implement. We discuss modifications to allow for stochastic models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Society for Computational Economics in its journal Computational Economics.
Volume (Year): 24 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (08)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Blake, Andrew P. & Kirsanova, Tatiana, 2006.
"Discretionary Policy and Multiple Equilibria in LQ RE Models,"
21901, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Apr 2010.
- Andrew P. Blake & Tatiana Kirsanova, 2012. "Discretionary Policy and Multiple Equilibria in LQ RE Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 79(4), pages 1309-1339.
- Andrew Blake & Tatiana Kirsanova, 2008. "Discretionary Policy and Multiple Equilibria in LQ RE Models," Discussion Papers 0813, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Tatiana Kirsanova & Andrew P. Blake, 2010. "Discretionary Policy and Multiple Equilibria in LQ RE Models," 2010 Meeting Papers 789, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Blake, Andrew P. & Zampolli, Fabrizio, 2011. "Optimal policy in Markov-switching rational expectations models," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 35(10), pages 1626-1651, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.