Do Credit Cards Really Reduce Aggregate Money Holdings?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Atlantic Economic Society in its journal Atlantic Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 39 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Suite 650, International Tower, 229 Peachtree Street, N.E., Atlanta, GA 30303
Phone: (404) 965-1555
Fax: (404) 965-1556
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=112055
More information through EDIRC
Aggregate money holdings; Credit card; E40; E41;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Duca, John V & Whitesell, William C, 1995.
"Credit Cards and Money Demand: A Cross-sectional Study,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(2), pages 604-23, May.
- John V. Duca & William C. Whitesell, 1991. "Credit cards and money demand: a cross-sectional study," Research Paper 9112, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Akhand, Hafiz & Milbourne, Ross, 1986. "Credit cards and aggregate money demand," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 471-478.
- William W. Lang & Loretta J. Mester & Todd A. Vermilyea, 2007.
"Competitive effects of Basel II on U.S. bank credit card lending,"
07-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Lang, William W. & Mester, Loretta J. & Vermilyea, Todd A., 2008. "Competitive effects of Basel II on US bank credit card lending," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 478-508, October.
- Geoffrey R. Gerdes & Jack K . Walton II, 2002. "The use of checks and other noncash payment instruments in the United States," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Aug, pages 360-374.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1971. "Increasing risk II: Its economic consequences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 66-84, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.