Do Credit Cards Really Reduce Aggregate Money Holdings?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Atlantic Economic Society in its journal Atlantic Economic Journal.
Volume (Year): 39 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 10A Maryland Plaza, St. Louis, MO 63108-1502 U.S.A.
Phone: (314) 454-0100
Fax: (314) 454-9109
Web page: http://springerlink.metapress.com/link.asp?id=112055
More information through EDIRC
Aggregate money holdings; Credit card; E40; E41;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lang, William W. & Mester, Loretta J. & Vermilyea, Todd A., 2008.
"Competitive effects of Basel II on US bank credit card lending,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 478-508, October.
- William W. Lang & Loretta J. Mester & Todd A. Vermilyea, 2007. "Competitive effects of Basel II on U.S. bank credit card lending," Working Papers 07-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Geoffrey R. Gerdes & Jack K . Walton II, 2002. "The use of checks and other noncash payment instruments in the United States," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Aug, pages 360-374.
- John V. Duca & William C. Whitesell, 1991.
"Credit cards and money demand: a cross-sectional study,"
9112, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Duca, John V & Whitesell, William C, 1995. "Credit Cards and Money Demand: A Cross-sectional Study," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(2), pages 604-23, May.
- Akhand, Hafiz & Milbourne, Ross, 1986. "Credit cards and aggregate money demand," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 471-478.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1970. "Increasing risk: I. A definition," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 225-243, September.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 1971. "Increasing risk II: Its economic consequences," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 66-84, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.