The Relationship between the Level and Variability of Inflation: Theory and Evidence
AbstractThis paper emphasizes the role played by asymmetric stabilization policies in producing the widely reported positive association between the level and variability of inflation. A simple theoretical model is constructed which shows how asymmetric policies give rise to this association. The empirical findings presented provide support to the proposition that variations in inflation uncertainty are policy-induced. Copyright 1989 by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. in its journal Journal of Applied Econometrics.
Volume (Year): 4 (1989)
Issue (Month): 3 (July-September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Weale, Martin, 2006.
Handbook of Economic Forecasting,
- Martin Weale, 2005. "Survey Expectations," NIESR Discussion Papers 260, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Martin Weale, 2005. "Survey Expectations," IEPR Working Papers 05.30, Institute of Economic Policy Research (IEPR).
- Pesaran, M.H. & Weale, M., 2005. "Survey Expectations," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0536, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Martin Weale, 2005. "Survey Expectations," CESifo Working Paper Series 1599, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christos Ioannidis & Mick Silver, 2001. "The influence of inflation on differential price changes across European markets," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 29(1), pages 31-47, March.
- Mitchell, James & Mouratidis, Kostas & Weale, Martin, 2007.
"Uncertainty in UK manufacturing: Evidence from qualitative survey data,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 245-252, February.
- James Mitchell & Kostas Mouratidis & Martin Weale, 2005. "Uncertainty in UK manufacturing: evidence from qualitative survey data," NIESR Discussion Papers 266, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Madureira, Leonardo, 2007. "The ex ante real rate and inflation premium under a habit consumption model," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 355-382, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.