R&D Cooperation Between Firms---A Perceived Transaction Cost Perspective
AbstractTransaction cost is considered as an explanatory variable for the choice between markets and various organizational arrangements for performing some predefined tasks, such as engaging in private R&D. With respect to R&D cooperation between firms, we show that the perception of high transaction cost is related to certain characteristics of the firm and to the type of R&D task. We also show a relationship between the perception of transaction cost and the perceived success of the cooperation. The analysis sheds light on various determinants of transaction costs.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by INFORMS in its journal Management Science.
Volume (Year): 38 (1992)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
research and development; cooperation; transaction cost;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Subramanian, Annapoornima M. & Lim, Kwanghui & Soh, Pek-Hooi, 2013. "When birds of a feather don’t flock together: Different scientists and the roles they play in biotech R&D alliances," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 595-612.
- Gallié, Emilie-Pauline & Roux, Pascale, 2010. "Forms and Determinants of R&D Collaborations: Evidence Based on French Data," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6963, Paris Dauphine University.
- Zulima Fernández & María J. Nieto, 2005. "The Internet: Strategy And Boundaries Of The Firm," Business Economics Working Papers wb050101, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Wegberg, M.J.A.M. & Witteloostuijn, A. van & Roscam Abbing, M., 1994. "Multimarket and multiproject collusion: why European integration may reduce intra--Community competition," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5373405, Tilburg University.
- Gallié, Emilie-Pauline & Roux, Pascale, 2008. "Forms and Determinants of R&D Collaborations: New Evidence on French Data," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5009, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mirko Janc).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.