Uncertainty Aversion and Dynamic Consistency
AbstractThis paper applies a proposal of M. Machina (1989) for updating nonexpected utility preferences to D. Schmeidler's (1989) nonadditive probability model. The authors discover that the updated preferences may not themselves satisfy Schmeidler's axioms. Despite this, the updates of uncertainty averse preferences are themselves uncertainty averse. Copyright 1996 by Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association in its journal International Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 37 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 160 McNeil Building, 3718 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6297
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ier
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lapied, André & Toquebeuf, Pascal, 2012. "Dynamically consistent CEU preferences on f-convex events," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 252-256.
- Eichberger, J. & Kelsey, D., 1996.
"E-Capacities and the Ellsberg Paradox,"
96-13, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Gumen, Anna & Savochkin, Andrei, 2013.
"Dynamically stable preferences,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 148(4), pages 1487-1508.
- Sarin, R. & Wakker, P.P., 1996.
"A Single-Stage Approach to Anscombe and Aumann's Expected Utility,"
1996-45, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Sarin, Rakesh & Wakker, Peter, 1997. "A Single-Stage Approach to Anscombe and Aumann's Expected Utility," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 399-409, July.
- Jürgen Eichberger & Simon Grant & David Kelsey, 2012.
"When is ambiguity–attitude constant?,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 239-263, December.
- Frank Riedel, 2007. "Optimal stopping under ambiguity," Working Papers 390, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- J L Ford, David Kelsey and W Pang, 2005. "Ambiguity in Financial Markets: Herding and Contrarian Behaviour," Discussion Papers 05-11, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Lefort, Jean-Philippe & Dominiak, Adam & Dürsch, Peter, 2012.
"A Dynamic Ellsberg Urn Experiment,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/7357, Paris Dauphine University.
- Dominiak, Adam & Dürsch, Peter & Lefort, Jean-Philippe, 2012. "A dynamic Ellsberg urn experiment," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/7333, Paris Dauphine University.
- Dominiak, Adam & Dürsch, Peter & Lefort, Jean-Philippe, 2009. "A Dynamic Ellsberg Urn Experiment," Working Papers 0487, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Andre Lapied & Pascal Toquebeuf, 2012.
"Dynamically consistent CEU preferences,"
TEPP Working Paper
- Grant, Simon & Eichberger, Jürgen & Kelsey, David, 2004.
"CEU Preferences and Dynamic Consistency,"
Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications
04-47, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim & Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Eichberger, Jürgen & Güth, Werner & Müller, Wieland, 1999. "Dynamic decision structure and risk taking," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1999,95, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Werlang, Sérgio Ribeiro da Costa, 2000. "A Notion Of Subgame Perfect Nash Equilibrium Under Knightian Uncertainty," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 376, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Eichberger, Jürgen & Oechssler, Jörg & Schnedler, Wendelin, 2012. "How do people cope with an ambiguous situation when it becomes even more ambiguous?," Working Papers 0528, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.