Uncertainty Aversion and Dynamic Consistency
AbstractThis paper applies a proposal of M. Machina (1989) for updating nonexpected utility preferences to D. Schmeidler's (1989) nonadditive probability model. The authors discover that the updated preferences may not themselves satisfy Schmeidler's axioms. Despite this, the updates of uncertainty averse preferences are themselves uncertainty averse. Copyright 1996 by Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association in its journal International Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 37 (1996)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 160 McNeil Building, 3718 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6297
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ier
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dominiak, Adam & Dürsch, Peter & Lefort, Jean-Philippe, 2009.
"A Dynamic Ellsberg Urn Experiment,"
0487, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Dominiak, Adam & Dürsch, Peter & Lefort, Jean-Philippe, 2012. "A dynamic Ellsberg urn experiment," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/7333, Paris Dauphine University.
- Anna Gumena & Andrei Savochkin, 2012.
"Dynamically Stable Preferences,"
Carlo Alberto Notebooks
263, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Eichberger, J. & Kelsey, D., 1996.
"E-Capacities and the Ellsberg Paradox,"
96-13, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Eichberger, Jürgen & Oechssler, Jörg & Schnedler, Wendelin, 2012. "How do people cope with an ambiguous situation when it becomes even more ambiguous?," Working Papers 0528, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Grant, Simon & Eichberger, Jürgen & Kelsey, David, 2004.
"CEU Preferences and Dynamic Consistency,"
Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications
04-47, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim & Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Sarin, Rakesh & Wakker, Peter, 1997.
"A Single-Stage Approach to Anscombe and Aumann's Expected Utility,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(3), pages 399-409, July.
- Sarin, R. & Wakker, P.P., 1996. "A Single-Stage Approach to Anscombe and Aumann's Expected Utility," Discussion Paper 1996-45, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Jürgen Eichberger & Simon Grant & David Kelsey, 2012.
"When is ambiguity–attitude constant?,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 239-263, December.
- Werlang, Sérgio Ribeiro da Costa, 2000. "A Notion Of Subgame Perfect Nash Equilibrium Under Knightian Uncertainty," Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 376, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Eichberger, Jürgen & Güth, Werner & Müller, Wieland, 1999. "Dynamic decision structure and risk taking," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1999,95, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Lefort, Jean-Philippe & Dominiak, Adam & Dürsch, Peter, 2012. "A Dynamic Ellsberg Urn Experiment," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/7357, Paris Dauphine University.
- Lapied, André & Toquebeuf, Pascal, 2012. "Dynamically consistent CEU preferences on f-convex events," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 252-256.
- Andre Lapied & Pascal Toquebeuf, .
"Dynamically consistent CEU preferences,"
2012-10, TEPP Working Papers.
- Frank Riedel, 2007. "Optimal stopping under ambiguity," Working Papers 390, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.