Intra-industry trade in Romania: analysis of the automobile parts and accessories sector
AbstractThis paper examines the determinants of intra-industry trade (IIT) in the Romanian automobile parts and accessories sector. The trade in this sector between Romania and 12 countries (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Netherlands, Poland and Turkey) was examined. These countries were chosen taking into consideration the trade volume with Romania, a pooled ordinary least squares model being created for the period 1995â€“2008. The results showed a direct influence on IIT from economic dimension, physical endowments and distance. The higher and lower gross domestic product values between Romania and other country have a negative sign, even if, for the second variable, we expected a positive sign.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Inderscience Enterprises Ltd in its journal Int. J. of Economics and Business Research.
Volume (Year): 4 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1/2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.inderscience.com/browse/index.php?journalID==310
economic dimensions; physical endowments; Romania; automobile parts; automobile accessories; trade determinants; Austria; Belgium; Bulgaria; Croatia; Czech Republic; France; German; Hungary; Italy; Netherlands; Holland; Poland; Turkey; trade volumes; pooled least squares models; ordinary least squares models; gross domestic product; GDP values; geographic distance; economics; business research; intra-industry trade.;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucia Paliu Popa, 2009. "Trends of the Romanian foreign trade in the transition period," Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 56, pages 442-457, November.
- Daianu, Daniel & Vranceanu, Radu, 2003.
"Subduing High Inflation In Romania. How To Better Monetary And Exchange Rate Mechanisms?,"
Journal for Economic Forecasting,
Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 5-36, September.
- Daniel Daianu & Radu Vranceanu, 2001. "Subduing High Inflation in Romania. How to Better Monetary and Exchange Rate Mechanisms?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 402, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Horácio Faustino & Nuno Leitão, 2007. "Intra-Industry Trade: A Static and Dynamic Panel Data Analysis," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 313-333, August.
- Aturupane, Chonira & Djankov, Simeon & Hoekman, Bernard, 1997.
"Determinants of Intra-Industry Trade between East and West Europe,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1721, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aturupane, Chonira & Djankov, Simeon & Hoekman, Bernard, 1997. "Determinants of intra-industry trade between East and West Europe," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1850, The World Bank.
- David Greenaway & Robert Hine & Chris Milner, 1994. "Country-specific factors and the pattern of horizontal and vertical intra-industry trade in the UK," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 130(1), pages 77-100, March.
- Rault, Christophe & Sova, Robert & Sova, Anamaria, 2007. "Modeling International Trade Flows Between Eastern European Countries and OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 2851, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ando, Mitsuyo, 2006. "Fragmentation and vertical intra-industry trade in East Asia," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 257-281, December.
- Olteanu, Dan, 2009. "Technological Specialisation of Production and Export in Europe," Working Papers of National Institute of Economic Research 090108, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Christophe Rault & Robert Sova & Anamaria Sova, 2009.
"Trade Specialisation and Economic Convergence: Evidence from Two Eastern European Countries,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
875, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Christophe Rault & Robert Sova & Anamaria Sova, 2011. "Trade Specialisation and Economic Convergence: Evidence from two Eastern European Countries," DEGIT Conference Papers c016_071, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Christophe Rault & Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Robert Sova & Anamaria Sova, 2009. "Trade Specialisation And Economic Convergence: Evidence From Two Eastern European Countries," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp959, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Daniel Daianu & Radu Vranceanu, 2001. "Subduing High Inflation in Romania: How to Better Monetary and Exchange Rate Mechanisms?," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 005, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Diana Korka, 2006. "The Evolution of Foreign Trade and Comparative Advantage in Transition Economies," Romanian Economic Journal, Department of International Business and Economics from the Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest, vol. 9(19), pages 53-69, March.
- Nuno Carlos Leitão & Horácio C. Faustino & Yushi Yoshida, 2010. "Fragmentation, Vertical Intra-Industry Trade, and Automobile components," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(2), pages 1006-1015.
- Yushi Yoshida & Nuno Carlos Leitão & Horácio Faustino, 2009. "Vertical Intra-Industry Trade and Foreign Direct Investment between Japan and European Countries," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 37(4), pages 351-365, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Graham Langley).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.