Evaluating, taxing and insuring agricultural enterprises
AbstractBy analyzing the pros and cons of the US farms taxation methodologies, this paper aims to advise that best practice of taxing farms in transition economies would be consistent with a multiple of cash flow valuation approaches and suggests that a liquid market for agricultural insurance can be created in emerging economies as it provides a methodology for valuation of drought insurance contracts. As such recent drought and flood damages in such countries could have been reimbursed privately.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by International Black Sea University in its journal IBSU Scientific Journal.
Volume (Year): 5 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: D. Agmashenebeli Kheivani 13th km, No 2, Tbilisi
Web page: http://www.ibsu.edu.ge/Icerik.aspx?ID=381&Page1=150&Page2=WELCOME
More information through EDIRC
evaluation; taxing; insurrance; agriculture; US farms;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anderson, Kym & Hoekman, Bernard, 1999.
"Developing Country Agriculture and the New Trade Agenda,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2096, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hoekman, Bernard & Anderson, Kym, 1999. "Developing country agriculture and the new trade agenda," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2125, The World Bank.
- Morris A. Davis & Jonathan Heathcote, 2004.
"The price and quantity of residential land in the United States,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2004-37, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Davis, Morris A. & Heathcote, Jonathan, 2007. "The price and quantity of residential land in the United States," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(8), pages 2595-2620, November.
- Jonathan Heathcote & Morris Davis, 2004. "The Price and Quantity of Residential Land in the United States," 2004 Meeting Papers 32, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Davis, Morris & Heathcote, Jonathan, 2005. "The Price and Quantity of Residential Land in the United States," CEPR Discussion Papers 5333, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anderson, Kym & Hoekman, Bernard & Strutt, Anna, 2001. "Agriculture and the WTO: Next Steps," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(2), pages 192-214, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Salavat Sayfullin).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.