Existenzgründungen: Ein Weg zur Beschäftigungsförderung? (Firm foundation * a way to enhance employment?)
Abstract"This article discusses from an economic point of view, both theoretically and empirically, whether firm foundation enhances employment, taking into account public regulation and promotion of firm foundation. Obviously, newly founded firms create employment. Simultaneously, however, competition on goods and factor markets destroys employment in existing firms. Despite considerable progress in empirical research, the knowledge necessary to control such market processes publicly in such a way as to enhance employment is still not available. There is not enough convincing empirical evidence that entry regulation and public promotion of firm foundation have had a positive impact on overall employment in the German economy." (Author's abstract, IAB-Doku) ((en))
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany] in its journal Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung – Journal for Labour Market Research.
Volume (Year): 38 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2/3 ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Joachim Wagner, 2003. "The Impact of Personal Characteristics and the Regional Milieu on the Transition from Unemployment to Self-employment: Empirical Evidence for Germany," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 223(2), pages 204-222, March.
- Lechner, Michael & Pfeiffer, Friedhelm, 1993.
" Planning for Self-Employment at the Beginning of a Market Economy: Evidence from Individual Data of East German Workers,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 111-28, June.
- Lechner, Michael & Pfeiffer, Friedhelm, 1992. "Planning for self-employment at the beginning of a market economy: evidence from individual data of East German workers," ZEW Discussion Papers 92-01, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Michael Lechner & Friedhelm Pfeiffer, 1992. "Planning for Self-Employment at the Beginning of a Market Economy: Evidence from Individual Data of East German Workers," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 42, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Friedhelm PFEIFFER & Winfried POHLMEIER, 1992. "Income, Uncertainty and the Probability of Self-Employment," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 1992032, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Shleifer, Andrei & Lopez de Silanes, Florencio, 2001.
"The regulation of entry,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2661, The World Bank.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio LopezdeSilanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "The Regulation of Entry," NBER Working Papers 7892, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "The Regulation of Entry," Working Paper Series rwp01-015, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Simeon Djankov & Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andre Shleifer, 2000. "The Regulation of Entry," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1904, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Djankov, Simeon & La Porta, Rafael & López-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "The Regulation of Entry," CEPR Discussion Papers 2953, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank, 1998.
"Business Start-ups by the Unemployed - an Econometric Analysis Based on Firm Data,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
98-38, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank, 2000. "Business start-ups by the unemployed -- an econometric analysis based on firm data," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 629-663, September.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1982. "Selection and the Evolution of Industry," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 649-70, May.
- David G. Blanchflower, 2004. "Self-Employment: More may not be better," NBER Working Papers 10286, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank, 2000. "Formelle und informelle berufliche Weiterbildung und Verdienst bei Arbeitnehmern und Selbständigen," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-01, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Laffont, Jean-Jacques, 1979. "A General Equilibrium Entrepreneurial Theory of Firm Formation Based on Risk Aversion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(4), pages 719-48, August.
- Fritsch, Michael & Weyh, Antje, 2004. "How large are the direct employment effects of new businesses? An empirical investigation," Freiberg Working Papers 2004,05, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Fonseca, Raquel & Lopez-Garcia, Paloma & Pissarides, Christopher A., 2001. "Entrepreneurship, start-up costs and employment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 692-705, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.