Emerging equity markets in the global economy
AbstractDeveloping-country equity markets have changed greatly in the last several years. The author examines recent structural reforms and their effects on equity portfolio inflows in several of the most highly capitalized emerging equity markets. He also analyzes broad trends in these markets, giving particular attention to the integration of the markets with the global financial system.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of New York in its journal Quarterly Review.
Volume (Year): (1993)
Issue (Month): Sum ()
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Singh, A. & Weisse, B. A., 1998.
"Emerging Stock Markets, Portfolio Capital Flows and Long-term Economic Growth: Micro and Macroeconomic Perspectives,"
Accounting and Finance Discussion Papers
98-af40, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Singh, Ajit & Weisse, Bruce A., 1998. "Emerging stock markets, portfolio capital flows and long-term economie growth: Micro and macroeconomic perspectives," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 607-622, April.
- Meric, Gulser & Leal, Ricardo P. C. & Ratner, Mitchell & Meric, Ilhan, 2001. "Co-movements of U.S. and Latin American equity markets before and after the 1987 crash," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 219-235.
- Singh, Ajit, 2011. "Addendum to India’s Economic Reforms and Development: Essays for Manmohan Singh," MPRA Paper 53179, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grabel, Ilene, 1996. "Marketing the third world: The contradictions of portfolio investment in the global economy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(11), pages 1761-1776, November.
- Singh, Ajit, 2003. "Corporate governance, corporate finance and stock markets in emerging countries," MPRA Paper 24302, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ma, Xianghai, 1996. "Capital controls, market segmentation and stock prices: Evidence from the Chinese stock market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(2-3), pages 219-239, July.
- John Clark & Elizabeth Berko, 1997. "Foreign investment fluctuations and emerging market stock returns: the case of Mexico," Staff Reports 24, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Kwan, Felix B. & Reyes, Mario G., 1997. "Price effects of stock market liberalization in Taiwan," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 511-522.
- Bijay, K. C. & Snowden, P. N., 1999. "Pricing Shares on a Nascent Market: The Nepal Stock Exchange 1994-96," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1083-1096, June.
- Koutmos, Gregory, 1997. "Do emerging and developed stock markets behave alike? Evidence from six pacific basin stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 221-234, October.
- Singh, Ajit, 1998. "Corporate Governance, Evolution of Corporate Laws and Asian Economic Development into the 21st Century," MPRA Paper 24662, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Singh, Ajit, 2001. "Corporate financing patterns in emerging markets in the 1980s and the 1990s," MPRA Paper 53663, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Amy Farber).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.