The recent decline in agricultural exports: is the exchange rate the culprit?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis in its journal Review.
Volume (Year): (1984)
Issue (Month): Oct ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mussa, Michael, 1979. "Empirical regularities in the behavior of exchange rates and theories of the foreign exchange market," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 9-57, January.
- Brunner, Karl & Meltzer, Allan H., 1979. "Policies for employment, prices, and exchange rates," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 1-7, January.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Just, Richard E., 1982. "An investigation of the effect of monetary factors on agriculture," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 235-247.
- Dallas S. Batten & Mack Ott, 1983. "Five common myths about floating exchange rates," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Nov, pages 5-15.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1976. "Expectations and Exchange Rate Dynamics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1161-76, December.
- Goldstein, Morris & Khan, Mohsin S, 1978. "The Supply and Demand for Exports: A Simultaneous Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 60(2), pages 275-86, May.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A, 1979. "On the Mark: A Theory of Floating Exchange Rates Based on Real Interest Differentials," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(4), pages 610-22, September.
- Dallas S. Batten & Daniel L. Thornton, 1984. "How robust are the policy conclusions of the St. Louis equation?: some further evidence," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jun.
- Dallas S. Batten & Michael T. Belongia, 1987. "Do the new exchange rate indexes offer better answers to old questions?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 5-17.
- Ayuk, Elias T. & Ruppel, Fred J., 1988. "Cotton Exports: Analysis Of The Relationships Between Sales And Shipments," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 20(01), July.
- Ardeni, Pier-Giorgio & Rausser, Gordon C., 1992.
"Interactions among money, exchange rates, and commodity prices,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt8bg30713, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Ardeni, Pier Giorgio & Rausser, Gordon C., 1992. "Interactions among money, exchange rates, and commodity prices," CUDARE Working Paper Series 621, University of California at Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Policy.
- Anoruo, Emmanuel & Ramchander, Sanjay, 1998. "Current account and fiscal deficits: Evidence from five developing economies of Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 487-501.
- Bradshaw, Girard W. & Orden, David, 1990. "Granger Causality From The Exchange Rate To Agricultural Prices And Export Sales," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 15(01), July.
- Hiemstra, Stephen W. & Shane, Mathew, 1988. "Monetary Factors Influencing GATT Negotiations on Agriculture," Foreign Agricultural Economic Report (FAER) 147990, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Ruppel, Fred J., 1987. "Agricultural Commodity Export Data: Sales and Shipments Contrasted," Journal of Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 2.
- Babula, Ronald A. & Ruppel, Fred J. & Bessler, David A., 1995. "U.S. corn exports: the role of the exchange rate," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 75-88, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Xiao Xiaohong) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Xiao Xiaohong to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.