A new method to estimate time variation in the NAIRU - comments
AbstractIn order to avoid writing a comment that may turn out to be irrelevant the author has therefore decided to comment less directly on what Bill says, and focus instead on the problem that Bill has posed and discuss some thoughts on how to go about modeling it.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Federal Reserve Bank of Boston in its journal Conference Series ; [Proceedings].
Volume (Year): 53 (2008)
Issue (Month): ()
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Caballero, Ricardo J & Hammour, Mohamad L, 1996.
"On the Timing and Efficiency of Creative Destruction,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press,
MIT Press, vol. 111(3), pages 805-52, August.
- Ricardo J. Caballero & Mohamad L. Hammour, 1994. "On the Timing and Efficiency of Creative Destruction," NBER Working Papers 4768, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Shimer, 2007.
"Reassessing the Ins and Outs of Unemployment,"
NBER Working Papers
13421, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eran Yashiv, 2000.
"The Determinants of Equilibrium Unemployment,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association,
American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1297-1322, December.
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher Pissarides, 2000.
"Looking into the black box: a survey of the matching function,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library
2122, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Christopher A. Pissarides & Barbara Petrongolo, 2001. "Looking into the Black Box: A Survey of the Matching Function," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 39(2), pages 390-431, June.
- Petrongolo, Barbara & Pissarides, Christopher, 2000. "Looking Into The Black Box: A Survey Of The Matching Function," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 2409, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barbara Petrongolo & Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Looking Into the Black Box: A Survey of the Matching Function," CEP Discussion Papers dp0470, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Shigeru Fujita & Garey Ramey, 2007.
"The cyclicality of separation and job finding rates,"
07-19, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Shigeru Fujita & Garey Ramey, 2009. "The Cyclicality Of Separation And Job Finding Rates," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 50(2), pages 415-430, 05.
- Dale T. Mortensen & Christopher A. Pissarides, 1993.
"Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0110, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Mortensen, Dale T & Pissarides, Christopher A, 1994. "Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 397-415, July.
- Davis, Steven J. & Haltiwanger, John, 1999. "Gross job flows," Handbook of Labor Economics, Elsevier, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 41, pages 2711-2805 Elsevier.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catherine Spozio).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.