Sull'inseparabilità delle strutture sintattiche nell'analisi classica del valore e della distribuzione
AbstractThe paper deals with a fundamental issue in the history of economic thought: the alleged separability in the classical analysis of distinct and sequential logical stages. It will be recalled that the contested idea of an analytical separation of the theory of value (relative prices), the theory of production (relative quantities) and the theory of the social distribution of income was initially advanced by Ricardo, in his lost Papers on the Profits of Capital and in his Essay on Profits, but later abandoned, in the third edition of the Principles. It was then reproposed by J.S. Mill, Jevons, Sraffa and Garegnani, and opposed by Malthus, Marshall and Walras. Today a separability thesis cannot be maintained, as it presupposes the existence of a given physical vector of the real wage, a circumstance which is not satisfied in the present world.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by FrancoAngeli Editore in its journal STUDI ECONOMICI.
Volume (Year): LXIV (2009)
Issue (Month): 97 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.francoangeli.it/riviste/sommario.asp?IDRivista=59
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- B12 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Classical (includes Adam Smith)
- B20 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - General
- E11 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Marxian; Sraffian; Institutional; Evolutionary
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cavalieri, Duccio, 2013. "A theory of capital as value in progress," MPRA Paper 47197, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cavalieri, Duccio, 2013. "Towards a revision of the theory of capital," MPRA Paper 47351, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angelo Ventriglia).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.