Intra-industry trade between The United States and México: 1993-1998
AbstractThis paper examines changes in intra-industry trade, IIT, in manufactured goods between the US and Mexico over the first five years of the North American Free Trade Agreement. Most industries experienced large increases in, IIT. An examination of various indexes of intra-industry specialization indicates that few industries in either country are candidates for significant adjustment problems. These findings should lessen opposition to greater regional economic integration in the Western Hemisphere
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos in its journal Estudios Económicos.
Volume (Year): 16 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Other versions of this item:
- Don P Clark & Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Duane Burdorf, 2004. "Intra-industry Trade Between the United States and Mexico: 1993- 1998," International Trade 0407007, EconWPA.
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A.K.M. Azhar & R.J.R. Elliott & C.R. Milner,, .
"Static and Dynamic Measurement of Intra-Industry Trade and Adjustment: A Geometric Reappraisal,"
97/13, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Abdul Azhar & Robert Elliott & Chris Milner, 1998. "Static and dynamic measurement of intra-industry trade and adjustment: A geometric reappraisal," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 134(3), pages 404-422, September.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & W Charles Sawyer & Richard L Sprinkle, 2004.
"Functional Form for United States - Mexico Trade Equations,"
- Thomas M. Fullerton, Jr. & W. Charles Sowyer & Richard L. Sprinkle, 1997. "Functional form for United States-México trade equations," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 12(1), pages 23-35.
- Steven Globerman, 1992. "North American trade liberalization and intra-industry trade," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 128(3), pages 487-497, September.
- Rudolf M. Buitelaar & Ramón Padilla, 1996. "El comercio intraindustria de México con sus principales socios comerciales," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 11(1), pages 77-116.
- Clark, Don P. & Sawyer, W. Charles & Sprinkle, Richard L., 2000. "Tariff Elimination Staging Categories and the North American Free Trade Agreement," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 53(2), pages 141-152.
- Thomas Fullerton & W. Charles Sawyer & Richard Sprinkle, 2011.
"Intra-Industry Trade in Latin America and the Caribbean,"
201103, Texas Christian University, Department of Economics.
- Fullerton, Thomas M., Jr. & Sawyer, W. Charles & Sprinkle, Richard L., 2010. "Intra-industry trade in Latin America and the Caribbean," MPRA Paper 34854, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocío Contreras).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.