Are Economic Liberalization and Equality Compatible? Evidence from South Asia
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 35 (2007)
Issue (Month): 11 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amartya K Sen, 2002. "Globalization, Inequality and Global Protest," Development, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(2), pages 11-16, June.
- Barro, Robert J, 2000. " Inequality and Growth in a Panel of Countries," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 5-32, March.
- Branko Milanovic, 2003.
"Can We Discern The Effect Of Globalization On Income Distribution? Evidence From Household Surveys,"
- Branko Milanovic, 2005. "Can We Discern the Effect of Globalization on Income Distribution? Evidence from Household Surveys," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 19(1), pages 21-44.
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2002. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Martin Ravallion, 2004.
"The Debate on Globalization, Poverty and Inequality: why Measurement Matters,"
QA - Rivista dell'Associazione Rossi-Doria,
Associazione Rossi Doria, issue 1, March.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2003. "The debate on globalization, poverty, and inequality : why measurement matters," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3038, The World Bank.
- Hongyi Li & Lixin Colin Xu & Heng-fu Zou, 2000.
"Corruption, Income Distribution, and Growth,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 155-182, 07.
- Bob Sutcliffe, 2004. "World Inequality and Globalization," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(1), pages 15-37, Spring.
- Pinelopi K. Goldberg & Nina Pavcnik, 2004. "Trade, Inequality, and Poverty: What Do We Know? Evidence from Recent Trade Liberalization Episodes in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 10593, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Deininger, Klaus & Squire, Lyn, 1998. "New ways of looking at old issues: inequality and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 259-287.
- David Dollar, 2005.
"Globalization, Poverty, and Inequality since 1980,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 20(2), pages 145-175.
- Dirk Willem te Velde, 2003. "Do Workers in Africa Get a Wage Premium if Employed in Firms Owned by Foreigners?," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 12(1), pages 41-73, March.
- Editors, 2003. "Editor's Introduction," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(4), pages 645-648, October.
- World Bank, 2006. "World Development Indicators 2006," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 8151.
- Philip Amis, 1994. "Indian urban poverty: Labour markets, gender and shocks," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(5), pages 635-643, 09.
- Dos Santos, Theotonio, 1970. "The Structure of Dependence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(2), pages 231-36, May.
- Wade, Robert Hunter, 2004. "Is Globalization Reducing Poverty and Inequality?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 567-589, April.
- Editors, 2003. "Editor's Introduction," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 315-318, 04.
- World Bank, 2005. "World Development Indicators 2005," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 12426.
- Glewwe, Paul, 1988. "Economic liberalization and income inequality : Further evidence on the Sri Lankan experience," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 233-246, March.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2004. "Competing concepts of inequality in the globalization debate," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3243, The World Bank.
- Nopo, Hugo & Daza, Nancy & Ramos, Johanna, 2011. "Gender Earnings Gaps in the World," IZA Discussion Papers 5736, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hisako Kai & Shigeyuki Hamori, 2009.
"Globalization, financial depth, and inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 2025-2037.
- Hisako KAI & Shigeyuki HAMORI, 2009. "Globalization, Financial Depth, and Inequality in Sub-Saharan Africa," Discussion Papers 0912, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
- Caroline DAYMON, 2012. "Ouverture Commerciale, Inégalités De Revenu Et Répartition Salariale Dans Les Pays Du Sud Et De L’Est De La Méditerranée," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 35, pages 81-98.
- Udaya R. Wagle, 2010. "Economic inequality in Nepal: Patterns and changes during the late 1990s and early 2000s," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(5), pages 573-590.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.