Grain for Green versus Grain: Conflict between Food Security and Conservation Set-Aside in China
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 34 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wu, JunJie & Zilberman, David & Babcock, Bruce A., 2001.
"Environmental and Distributional Impacts of Conservation Targeting Strategies,"
Staff General Research Papers
1931, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Wu, JunJie & Zilberman, David & Babcock, Bruce A., 2001. "Environmental and Distributional Impacts of Conservation Targeting Strategies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 333-350, May.
- JunJie Wu & David Zilberman & Bruce A. Babcock, 1999. "Environmental and Distributional Impacts of Conservation Targeting Strategies," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 99-wp230, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Uchida, Emi & Xu, Jintao & Xu, Zhigang & Rozelle, Scott, 2007. "Are the poor benefiting from China's land conservation program?," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 593-620, August.
- Anonymous & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott & Skerritt, John H., 2005. "Chinaٳ Agricultural and Rural Development in the Early 21st Century," Monographs, Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research, number 114092.
- Deshingkar, Priya & Johnson, Craig & Farrington, John, 2005. "State transfers to the poor and back: The case of the Food-for-Work program in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 575-591, April.
- Boyd, Roy & Konyar, Kazim & Uri, Noel D., 1992. "Measuring aggregate impacts: The case of the conservation reserve program," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 35-60.
- Emi Uchida & Jintao Xu & Scott Rozelle, 2005. "Grain for Green: Cost-Effectiveness and Sustainability of China’s Conservation Set-Aside Program," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 81(2).
- Grosjean, Pauline & Kontoleon, Andreas, 2009.
"How Sustainable are Sustainable Development Programs? The Case of the Sloping Land Conversion Program in China,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 268-285, January.
- Andreas Kontoleon & Pauline Grosjean, 2007. "How Sustainable are Sustainable Development Programs? The Case of the Sloping Land Conversion Program in China," Environmental Economy and Policy Research Working Papers 26.2007, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economics, revised 2007.
- Kelly, Peter & Huo, Xuexi, 2013. "Do farmers or governments make better land conservation choices? Evidence from China's Sloping Land Conversion Program," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 32-60.
- Yang, Weiyong, 2009. "Economic structural changes and rural income: Evidence from Chinese provinces during the reform period," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 742-753, December.
- Arsel, M. & Dasgupta, A., 2010. "Structural change, land use and the state in China: making sense of three divergent processes," ISS Working Papers - General Series 509, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Zhen, Lin & Cao, Shuyan & Cheng, Shengkui & Xie, Gaodi & Wei, Yunjie & Liu, Xuelin & Li, Fen, 2010. "Arable land requirements based on food consumption patterns: Case study in rural Guyuan District, Western China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1443-1453, May.
- Dong Yan & Kirsten M. de Beurs & Jianrong Fan, 2013. "The Impacts of Weather and Conservation Programs on Vegetation Dynamics in China’s Loess Plateau," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(4), pages 573-594, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.