Microenterprise Occupation and Poverty Reduction in Microfinance Programs: Evidence from Sri Lanka
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 32 (2004)
Issue (Month): 7 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Prabhu Ghate & Evelinda Ballon & Virginia Manalo, 1996. "Poverty alleviation and enterprise development: The need for a differentiated approach," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(2), pages 163-178.
- María Beatriz Orlando & Molly Pollack, 2000. "Microenterprises and Poverty: Evidence from Latin America," IDB Publications 40818, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Matin, Imran & Hulme, David, 2003. "Programs for the Poorest: Learning from the IGVGD Program in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 647-665, March.
- J. Copestake & S. Bhalotra & S. Johnson, 2001. "Assessing the Impact of Microcredit: A Zambian Case Study," The Journal of Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 37(4), pages 81-100.
- P. Mosley, 2001. "Microfinance and Poverty in Bolivia," The Journal of Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 37(4), pages 101-132.
- Shaw, Judith, 1999. "A World Bank Intervention in the Sri Lankan Welfare Sector: The National Development Trust Fund," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 825-838, May.
- Daniels, Lisa, 1999. "The role of small enterprises in the household and national economy in Kenya: A significant contribution or a last resort?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 55-65, January.
- Deininger, Klaus & Jin, Songqing & Sur, Mona, 2007.
"Sri Lanka's Rural Non-Farm Economy: Removing Constraints to Pro-Poor Growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 2056-2078, December.
- Jin, Songqing & Deininger, Klaus W. & Sur, Mona, 2005. "Sri Lanka's Rural Non-farm Economy: Removing Constraints to Pro-poor Growth," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19280, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Gulyani, Sumila & Talukdar, Debabrata, 2010. "Inside Informality: The Links Between Poverty, Microenterprises, and Living Conditions in Nairobi's Slums," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 1710-1726, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.