Programs for the Poorest: Learning from the IGVGD Program in Bangladesh
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 31 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sen, Binayak, 2003. "Drivers of Escape and Descent: Changing Household Fortunes in Rural Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 513-534, March.
- Kapur Mehta, Aasha & Shah, Amita, 2003. "Chronic Poverty in India: Incidence, Causes and Policies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 491-511, March.
- Hulme, David & Shepherd, Andrew, 2003. "Conceptualizing Chronic Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 403-423, March.
- Alkire, Sabina, 2002. "Dimensions of Human Development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 181-205, February.
- Shaw, Judith, 2004. "Microenterprise Occupation and Poverty Reduction in Microfinance Programs: Evidence from Sri Lanka," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1247-1264, July.
- Proloy Barua & Munshi Sulaiman, 2009. "Is the BDP Ultra Poor Approach Working? Survey of Some Key Issues," Working Papers id:2094, eSocialSciences.
- Hossain, Naomi, 2005. "Productivity and Virtue: Elite Categories of the Poor in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 965-977, June.
- Weiss, John & Montgomery, Heather & Kurmanalieva, Elvira, 2003. "Micro finance and poverty reduction in Asia: what is the evidence?," MPRA Paper 33140, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nitya Rao, 2006. "Womenâ€™s Right To Land, Assets, And Other Productive Resources: Its Impact On Gender Relations And Increased Productivity," Working Papers id:767, eSocialSciences.
- Blair, Harry, 2005. "Civil society and propoor initiatives in rural Bangladesh: finding a workable strategy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 921-936, June.
- Mallick, Debdulal, 2009. "How effective is a Big Push to the Small? Evidence from a Quasi-random Experiment," MPRA Paper 22824, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Solava Ibrahim & David Hulme, 2010. "Has civil society helped the poor? - A review of the roles and contributions of civil society to poverty reduction?," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 11410, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Flore Gubert & François Roubaud, 2005.
"Analyser l’impact d’un projet de Micro-finance : l’exemple d’ADéFI à Madagascar,"
DT/2005/14, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Rabemananjara, Irène R. & Rakotomanana, Faly & Gubert, Flore & Roubaud, François, . "Analyser l’impact d’un projet de micro-finance : l’exemple d’ADéFI à Madagascar," Open Access publications from UniversitÃ© Paris-Dauphine urn:hdl:123456789/4391, Université Paris-Dauphine.
- David A. Clark, 2005. "Core Poverty, Basic Capabilities and Vagueness: An Application to the South African Context," Economics Series Working Papers GPRG-WPS-026, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Imran Matin & Munshi Sulaiman & Mehnaz Rabbani, 2008. "Crafting a Graduation Pathway for the Ultra Poor," Working Papers id:1548, eSocialSciences.
- Krishna, Anirudh, 2007. "For Reducing Poverty Faster: Target Reasons Before People," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 1947-1960, November.
- Khandker, Shahidur R. & Khalily, M. A. Baqui & Samad, Hussain A., 2010. "Seasonal and extreme poverty in Bangladesh : evaluating an ultra-poor microfinance project," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5331, The World Bank.
- Green, Maia & Hulme, David, 2005. "From correlates and characteristics to causes: thinking about poverty from a chronic poverty perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 867-879, June.
- Shantana R. Halder & Paul Mosley, 2004. "Working with the ultra-poor: learning from BRAC experiences," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 387-406.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.