Reassessing the Effectiveness of Industrial Policy in Indonesia: Can the Neoliberals be Wrong?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 27 (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1994. "The East Asian miracle: Does the bell toll for industrial strategy?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(4), pages 645-654, April.
- Hill, Hal, 1996. "Indonesia's Industrial Policy and Performance: "Orthodoxy" Vindicated," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(1), pages 147-74, October.
- Sato, Yuri, 1996. "The Astra Group : a pioneer of management modernization in Indonesia," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO), vol. 34(3), pages 247-280, September.
- Pack, Howard, 1994. "Productivity or politics: The determinants of the Indonesian tariff structure," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 441-451, August.
- Leff, Nathaniel H, 1979. "Entrepreneurship and Economic Development: The Problem Revisited," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 46-64, March.
- Berry, Albert & Levy, Brian, 1994. "Indonesia's small and medium-size exporters and their support systems," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1402, The World Bank.
- Michael T. Rock, 1995. "Thai industrial policy: How irrelevant was it to export success?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(5), pages 745-757, 09.
- Sato, Yuri, 1993. "The Salim Group in Indonesia: the development and behavior of the largest conglomerate in Southeast Asia," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO), vol. 31(4), pages 408-441, December.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1992. "Technological capabilities and industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Timmer, C. Peter, 1975. "The Political Economy of Rice in Asia: Indonesia," Food Research Institute Studies, Stanford University, Food Research Institute, issue 03.
- Hodler, Roland, 2009.
"Industrial policy in an imperfect world,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 85-93, September.
- Hodler, Roland, 2006. "Industrial Policy in an Imperfect World," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2006 13, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Michael T. Rock, 2002. "Exploring the impact of selective interventions in agriculture on the growth of manufactures in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(4), pages 485-510.
- Rock, Michael T. & Bonnett, Heidi, 2004. "The Comparative Politics of Corruption: Accounting for the East Asian Paradox in Empirical Studies of Corruption, Growth and Investment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 999-1017, June.
- Michael T. Rock, 2003. "The Politics of Development Policy and Development Policy Reform in New Order Indonesia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 2003-632, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Gellert, Paul K., 2005. "The Shifting Natures of "Development": Growth, Crisis, and Recovery in Indonesia's Forests," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1345-1364, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.