The emerging fertility transition in sub-Saharan Africa
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 26 (1998)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Orieji Chimere-Dan, 1997. "Recent fertility patterns and population policy in South Africa," Development Southern Africa, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 1-20.
- Naomi Rutenberg & Ian Diamond, 1993. "Fertility in botswana: The recent decline and future prospects," Demography, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 143-157, May.
- Ann Blanc & Shea Rutstein, 1994. "The Demographic transition in southern Africa: Yet another look at the evidence from Botswana and Zimbabwe," Demography, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 209-215, May.
- Duncan Thomas & Ityai Muvandi, 1994. "The demographic transition in southern Africa: Reviewing the evidence from Botswana and Zimbabwe," Demography, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 217-227, May.
- Westoff, C.F., 1992. "Age at Marriage, Age at first Birth, and Fertility in Africa," Papers 169, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Duncan Thomas & Ityai Muvandi, 1994. "The demographic transition in southern Africa: Another look at the evidence from Botswana and Zimbabwe," Demography, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 185-207, May.
- Michael Lipton, 2001.
"Reviving global poverty reduction: what role for genetically modified plants?,"
Journal of International Development,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(7), pages 823-846.
- Michael Lipton, 2000. "Reviving Global Poverty Reduction: What Role for Genetically Modified Plants?," PRUS Working Papers 06, Poverty Research Unit at Sussex, University of Sussex.
- James A. Levinsohn & Taryn Dinkelman & Rolang Majelantle, 2006.
"When Knowledge is not Enough: HIV/AIDS Information and Risky Behavior in Botswana,"
NBER Working Papers
12418, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Taryn Dinkelman & James Levinsohn & Rolang Majelantle, 2006. "When Knowledge Is Not Enough: HIV/AIDS Information and Risky Behavior In Botswana," Working Papers 553, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Garenne, Michel & Joseph, Veronique, 2002. "The Timing of the Fertility Transition in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 1835-1843, October.
- Lawrence Kazembe, 2009. "Modelling individual fertility levels in Malawian women: a spatial semiparametric regression model," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 237-255, July.
- Ezra Gayawan & Samson B. Adebayo, 2013. "A Bayesian semiparametric multilevel survival modelling of age at first birth in Nigeria," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 28(45), pages 1339-1372, June.
- Cohen, Barney, 2004. "Urban Growth in Developing Countries: A Review of Current Trends and a Caution Regarding Existing Forecasts," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 23-51, January.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan, 2006.
"AIDS, "Reversal" of the Demographic Transition and Economic Development: Evidence from Africa,"
NBER Working Papers
12181, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan, 2012. "AIDS, “reversal” of the demographic transition and economic development: evidence from Africa," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 871-897, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.