Informal financial markets under liberalization in four African countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 25 (1997)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ronald L. Parker & Randall Riopelle & William F. Steel, 1995. "Small Enterprise Responses to Liberalization in Five African Countries," World Bank Other Operational Studies 9993, The World Bank.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1989. "Financial Markets and Development," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(4), pages 55-68, Winter.
- Udry, Christopher, 1990. "Credit Markets in Northern Nigeria: Credit as Insurance in a Rural Economy," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 251-69, September.
- Miracle, Marvin P & Miracle, Diane S & Cohen, Laurie, 1980. "Informal Savings Mobilization in Africa," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(4), pages 701-24, July.
- Bolnick, Bruce R., 1992. "Moneylenders and informal financial markets in Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 57-68, January.
- Aleem, Irfan, 1990. "Imperfect Information, Screening, and the Costs of Informal Lending: A Study of a Rural Credit Market in Pakistan," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 329-49, September.
- Hoff, Karla & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1990. "Imperfect Information and Rural Credit Markets--Puzzles and Policy Perspectives," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 235-50, September.
- Harold P.E. Ngalawa and Nicola Viegi, 2013.
"Interaction of Formal and Informal Financial Markets in Quasi-Emerging Market Economies,"
326, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Ngalawa, Harold & Viegi, Nicola, 2013. "Interaction of formal and informal financial markets in quasi-emerging market economies," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 614-624.
- Harold Ngalawa & Nicola Viegi, 2013. "Interaction of Formal and Informal Financial Markets in Quasi-Emerging Market Economies," Working Papers 201306, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Jacob Tche, 2009. "Microfinance asymmetric information problems in Cameroon," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(5), pages 633-648.
- Thandika Mkandawire, 1999. "The political economy of financial reform in Africa," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(3), pages 321-342.
- Nava Ashraf & Dean Karlan & Wesley Yin, 2005.
930, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Peter Lawrence, 2006. "Finance and development: why should causation matter?," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(7), pages 997-1016.
- Tripp, Aili Mari, 2001. "Non-formal Institutions, Informal Economies, and the Politics of Inclusion," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Janvier D. Nkurunziza, 2005. "Reputation and Credit without Collateral in Africa`s Formal Banking," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2005-02, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Andreas Madestam, 2009.
"Informal Finance: A Theory of Moneylenders,"
2009.69, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Ali, Merima & Peerlings, Jack H.M., 2009.
"Value added of Cluster Membership for Micro Enterprises of the Handloom Sector in Ethiopia,"
2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China
49922, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ali, Merima & Peerlings, Jack, 2011. "Value Added of Cluster Membership for Micro Enterprises of the Handloom Sector in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 363-374, March.
- Morduch, Jonathan & Sharma, Manohar, 2001.
"Strengthening public safety nets,"
122, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ali, Merima & Peerlings, Jack & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2010. "Clustering as an organizational response to capital market inefficiency: Evidence from handloom enterprises in Ethiopia," IFPRI discussion papers 1045, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Cécile Couharde & Rémi Generoso, 2014. "The ambiguous role of remittances in West African countries facing climate variability," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-37, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Christopher J. Green & Colin H. Kirkpatrick & Victor Murinde, 2006. "Finance for small enterprise growth and poverty reduction in developing countries," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(7), pages 1017-1030.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.