Divergent cultures? When public organizations perform well in developing countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 25 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sandbrook, Richard, 1986. "The state and economic stagnation in Tropical Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 319-332, March.
- Bossert, Thomas J., 1990. "Can they get along without us? Sustainability of donor-supported health projects in Central America and Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1015-1023, January.
- Klitgaard, R., 1995. "Institutional Adjustment and Adjusting to Institutions," World Bank - Discussion Papers 303, World Bank.
- Tendler, Judith & Freedheim, Sara, 1994. "Trust in a rent-seeking world: Health and government transformed in Northeast Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1771-1791, December.
- Thompson, John, 1995. "Participatory approaches in government bureaucracies: Facilitating the process of institutional change," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1521-1554, September.
- Jain, Pankaj S., 1994. "Managing for success: Lessons from Asian development programs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1363-1377, September.
- Andrew Wardell, D. & Lund, Christian, 2006. "Governing Access to Forests in Northern Ghana: Micro-Politics and the Rents of Non-Enforcement," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 1887-1906, November.
- Khaleghian, Peyvand & Gupta, Monica Das, 2005. "Public management and the essential public health functions," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1083-1099, July.
- Christian von Soest, 2006. "Measuring the Capability to Raise Revenue Process and Output Dimensions and Their Application to the Zambia Revenue Authority," GIGA Working Paper Series 35, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Glendenning, Claire J. & Babu, Suresh C, 2011. "Decentralization of public-sector agricultural extension in India: The case of the district-level Agricultural Technology Management Agency (ATMA)," IFPRI discussion papers 1067, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Khaleghian, Peyvand & Das Gupta Monica, 2004. "Public management and essential public health functions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3220, The World Bank.
- Grindle, Merilee, 2001. "Designing Reforms: Problems, Solutions, and Politics," Working Paper Series rwp01-020, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Ceyda Maden, 2012. "Transforming Public Organizations into Learning Organizations: A Conceptual Model," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 71-84, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.