Ngo'S And The African Farmer: A Skeptical Perspective
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics in its series Staff Papers with number 11532.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Justin S. Morrill Hall of Agriculture, 446 West Circle Dr., Rm 202, East Lansing, MI 48824-1039
Phone: (517) 355-4563
Fax: (517) 432-1800
Web page: http://www.aec.msu.edu/agecon/
More information through EDIRC
Institutional and Behavioral Economics;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Drabek, Anne Gordon, 1987. "Development alternatives: The challenge for NGOs--an overview of the issues," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(1, Supple), pages ix-xv.
- Tendler, Judith & Amorim, Monica Alves, 1996. "Small firms and their helpers: Lessons on demand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 407-426, March.
- Gow, David D. & Vansant, Jerry, 1983. "Beyond the rhetoric of rural development participation: How can it be done?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 427-446, May.
- Julian MAY & Michael R. CARTER, 1997.
"Poverty, Livelihood And Class In Rural South Africa,"
408, University of Wisconsin Madison, AAE.
- Carter, Michael R. & May, Julian, 1999. "Poverty, livelihood and class in rural South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 1-20, January.
- MICHAEL R. CARTER & Julian May, 1997. "Poverty, Livelihood and Class in Rural South Africa," Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Staff Papers 408, Wisconsin-Madison Agricultural and Applied Economics Department.
- Isham, Jonathan & Narayan, Deepa & Pritchett, Lant, 1995. "Does Participation Improve Performance? Establishing Causality with Subjective Data," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(2), pages 175-200, May.
- Tendler, Judith & Freedheim, Sara, 1994. "Trust in a rent-seeking world: Health and government transformed in Northeast Brazil," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1771-1791, December.
- Smith, Brian H., 1987. "An agenda of future tasks for international and indigenous NGOs: Views from the North," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(1, Supple), pages S87-S93.
- Kaimowitz, David, 1993. "The role of nongovernmental organizations in agricultural research and technology transfer in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 1139-1150, July.
- Edwards, Michael & Hulme, David, 1996. "Too close for comfort? the impact of official aid on nongovernmental organizations," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 961-973, June.
- Michener, Victoria J., 1998. "The participatory approach: Contradiction and co-option in Burkina Faso," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(12), pages 2105-2118, December.
- Reinhard H. Schmidt & Claus-Peter Zeitinger, 1996. "Prospects, problems and potential of credit-granting NGOs," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(2), pages 241-258.
- Tendler, Judith, 1993. "Tales of dissemination in small-farm agriculture: Lessons for institution builders," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(10), pages 1567-1582, October.
- Bebbington, Anthony, 1997. "New states, new NGOs? crises and transitions among rural development NGOs in the Andean region," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(11), pages 1755-1765, November.
- Gordon, David F., 1996. "Sustaining economic reform under political liberalization in Africa: Issues and implications," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 1527-1537, September.
- Frantz, Telmo Rudi, 1987. "The role of NGOs in the strengthening of civil society," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(1, Supple), pages S121-S127.
- Cohen, John M. & Uphoff, Norman T., 1980. "Participation's place in rural development: Seeking clarity through specificity," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 213-235, March.
- Bratton, Michael, 1989. "The politics of government-NGO relations in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 569-587, April.
- Eicher, Carl K., 1999. "Institutions and the African Farmer," Distinguished Economist Lectures 7660, CIMMYT: International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center.
- John D. Montgomery, 1983. "When local participation helps," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(1), pages 90-105.
- Sen, Biswajit, 1987. "NGO self-evaluation: Issues of concern," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 15(1, Supple), pages S161-S167.
- Jain, Pankaj S., 1994. "Managing for success: Lessons from Asian development programs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(9), pages 1363-1377, September.
- Yaron, J., 1992. "Assessing Development Finance Institutions; A Public Interest Analysis," World Bank - Discussion Papers 174, World Bank.
- Crawford, Eric & Kelly, Valerie & Jayne, T. S. & Howard, Julie, 2003. "Input use and market development in Sub-Saharan Africa: an overview," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 277-292, August.
- Pedzisa, Tarisayi & Minde, Isaac J. & Twomlow, Steve, 2010. "The use of participatory processes in wide-scale dissemination of micro dosing and conservation agriculture in Zimbabwe," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 95779, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- Nin-Pratt, Alejandro & Johnson, Michael & Magalhaes, Eduardo & You, Liangzhi & Diao, Xinshen & Chamberlin, Jordan, 2011. "Yield gaps and potential agricultural growth in West and Central Africa:," Research reports alejandronin-pratt, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.