Agricultural research effort: Conceptual clarity and measurement
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal World Development.
Volume (Year): 23 (1995)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zvi Griliches, 1958. "Research Costs and Social Returns: Hybrid Corn and Related Innovations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 419.
- Simon Kuznets, 1962. "Inventive Activity: Problems of Definition and Measurement," NBER Chapters, in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 19-52 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Biggs, Stephen D., 1990. "A multiple source of innovation model of agricultural research and technology promotion," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(11), pages 1481-1499, November.
- Dore, Ronald, 1989. "Technology in a world of national frontiers," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(11), pages 1665-1675, November.
- Lele, Uma & Goldsmith, Arthur A, 1989. "The Development of National Agricultural Research Capacity: India's Experience with the Rockefeller Foundation and Its Significance for Africa," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 305-43, January.
- Judd, M Ann & Boyce, James K & Evenson, Robert E, 1986. "Investing in Agricultural Supply: The Determinants of Agricultural Research and Extension Investment," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(1), pages 77-113, October.
- Evenson, Robert E & Kislev, Yoav, 1975. " Investment in Agricultural Research and Extension: A Survey of International Data," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(3), pages 507-21, April.
- D. Hallam, 1990. "Agricultural Research Expenditures And Agricultural Productivity Change," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 434-439.
- Biggs SD & Clay EJ, 1983. "Generation and diffusion of agricultural technology: a review of theories and experiences," ILO Working Papers 226021, International Labour Organization.
- Barkev S. Sanders, 1962. "Some Difficulties in Measuring Inventive Activity," NBER Chapters, in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 53-90 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bredahl, Maury E. & Peterson, Willis L., 1976. "The Productivity And Allocation Of Research: U.S. Agricultural Experiment Stations," Staff Papers 13698, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Miranowski, John & Huffman, Wallace, 1981. "An Economic Analysis of Expenditures on Agricultural Experiment Station Research," Staff General Research Papers 10719, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Guttman, Joel M, 1978. "Interest Groups and the Demand for Agricultural Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 86(3), pages 467-84, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.