A qualitative model for road investment appraisal
AbstractRecent research in transport appraisal has been predominantly performed by using quantitative linear additive methods such as AHP and MAUT. This paper presents a qualitative model for road investment appraisal based on the DEX method. Qualitative modelling and ability to handle inaccurate and/or incomplete data about options make the DEX method particularly well suited for decision problems involving qualitative concepts and a great deal of expert judgement as is the case in the field of transport. Introduced is a novel and practical way of road appraisal based on the road appraisal framework aimed to support transport policy development in Slovenia.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Transport Policy.
Volume (Year): 15 (2008)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Morisugi, H., 2000. "Evaluation methodologies of transportation projects in Japan," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 35-40, January.
- Quinet, E., 2000. "Evaluation methodologies of transportation projects in France," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 27-34, January.
- Sayers, T. M. & Jessop, A. T. & Hills, P. J., 2003. "Multi-criteria evaluation of transport options--flexible, transparent and user-friendly?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 95-105, April.
- Vickerman, R., 2000. "Evaluation methodologies for transport projects in the United Kingdom," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 7-16, January.
- Smal, Kenneth A., 1998. "Project Evaluation," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt3ff1w6pr, University of California Transportation Center.
- Peter Nijkamp & Barry Ubbels & Erik Verhoef, 2002. "Transport Investment Appraisal and the Environment," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-104/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Lee, D. B., 2000. "Methods for evaluation of transportation projects in the USA," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 41-50, January.
- Tsamboulas, Dimitrios A., 2007. "A tool for prioritizing multinational transport infrastructure investments," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 11-26, January.
- Rothengatter, W., 2000. "Evaluation of infrastructure investments in Germany," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 17-25, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.