Risk-minimizing option pricing under a Markov-modulated jump-diffusion model with stochastic volatility
AbstractIn this paper, we deal with the pricing of European style options when the dynamics of the risky underlying asset are driven by a Markov-modulated jump diffusion with stochastic volatility. We investigate the Radon–Nikodym derivative for the minimal martingale measure and a partial differential equation approach for pricing European options. An optimal hedging strategy in terms of local risk minimization is obtained.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 10 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schweizer, Martin, 1991. "Option hedging for semimartingales," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 339-363, April.
- Kiseop Lee & Seongjoo Song, 2007. "Insiders' hedging in a jump diffusion model," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(5), pages 537-545.
- X. Guo, 2001. "Information and option pricings," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 38-44.
- Rüdiger Frey, 2000. "Risk Minimization with Incomplete Information in a Model for High-Frequency Data," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 215-225.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1981. "Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 215-260, August.
- Siu, Tak Kuen & Yang, Hailiang & Lau, John W., 2008. "Pricing currency options under two-factor Markov-modulated stochastic volatility models," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 295-302, December.
- Robert J. Elliott & Leunglung Chan & Tak Kuen Siu, 2005. "Option pricing and Esscher transform under regime switching," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 423-432, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.