Detection of jumps by wavelets in a heteroscedastic autoregressive model
AbstractWavelets are applied to detect the jumps in a heteroscedastic autoregressive model. The empirical wavelet coefficients are defined respectively for the conditional mean and the conditional variance of the model. It is shown that the wavelet coefficients exhibit high peaks near the jump points, based on which a procedure is developed to identify and then to locate the jumps. All estimators are shown to be consistent.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 52 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Li, Yuan & Xie, Zhongjie, 1997. "The wavelet detection of hidden periodicities in time series," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 9-23, August.
- Li, C W & Li, W K, 1996. "On a Double-Threshold Autoregressive Heteroscedastic Time Series Model," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(3), pages 253-74, May-June.
- Aggarwal, Reena & Inclan, Carla & Leal, Ricardo, 1999. "Volatility in Emerging Stock Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(01), pages 33-55, March.
- Zhou, Yong & Wan, Alan T.K. & Xie, Shangyu & Wang, Xiaojing, 2010. "Wavelet analysis of change-points in a non-parametric regression with heteroscedastic variance," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 159(1), pages 183-201, November.
- Yujiao Yang & Qiongxia Song, 2014. "Jump detection in time series nonparametric regression models: a polynomial spline approach," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 66(2), pages 325-344, April.
- Chen, Gongmeng & Choi, Yoon K. & Zhou, Yong, 2005. "Nonparametric estimation of structural change points in volatility models for time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 79-114, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.