An Edgeworth expansion for the m out of n bootstrapped median
AbstractIt is well known that the ordinary bootstrap distribution of the median is consistent. We show that for bootstrap samples of size m, an Edgeworth expansion holds with reminder term . With extrapolation this gives a best possible rate estimate of the distribution.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Statistics & Probability Letters.
Volume (Year): 49 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Miguel Arcones, 2003. "On the asymptotic accuracy of the bootstrap under arbitrary resampling size," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 55(3), pages 563-583, September.
- Escanciano, Juan Carlos & Jacho-Chávez, David T., 2010. "Approximating the critical values of Cramér-von Mises tests in general parametric conditional specifications," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 625-636, March.
- Escanciano, Juan Carlos & Velasco, Carlos, 2010.
"Specification tests of parametric dynamic conditional quantiles,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 159(1), pages 209-221, November.
- J. Carlos Escanciano & Carlos Velasco, 2010. "Specification tests of parametric dynamic conditional quantiles," Post-Print peer-00732534, HAL.
- Juan Carlos Escanciano & Carlos Velasco, 2008. "Specification Tests of Parametric Dynamic Conditional Quantiles," Caepr Working Papers 2008-021, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Juan Carlos Escanciano & Chuan Goh, 2010. "Specification Analysis of Structural Quantile Regression Models," Working Papers tecipa-415, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.