Statistical estimation of nonstationary Gaussian processes with long-range dependence and intermittency
AbstractThis paper considers statistical inference for nonstationary Gaussian processes with long-range dependence and intermittency. The existence of such a process has been established by Anh et al. (J. Statist. Plann. Inference 80 (1999) 95-110). We systematically consider the case where the spectral density of nonstationary Gaussian processes with stationary increments is of a general and flexible form. The spectral density function of fRBm is thus a special case of this general form. A continuous version of the Gauss-Whittle objective function is proposed. Estimation procedures for the parameters involved in the spectral density function are then investigated. Both the consistency and the asymptotic normality of the estimators of the parameters are established. In addition, a real example is presented to demonstrate the applicability of the estimation procedures.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Stochastic Processes and their Applications.
Volume (Year): 99 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/505572/description#description
Other versions of this item:
- Gao, jiti & Anh, vo & Heyde, christopher, 1999. "Statistical estimation of nonstationaryGaussian processes with long-range dependence and intermittency," MPRA Paper 11972, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Oct 2001.
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Heyde, C. C. & Gay, R., 1993. "Smoothed periodogram asymptotics and estimation for processes and fields with possible long-range dependence," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 169-182, March.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & LIang, Hua & Gao, Jiti, 2000. "Partially linear models," MPRA Paper 39562, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2000.
- Viano, M. C. & Deniau, C. & Oppenheim, G., 1994. "Continuous-time fractional ARMA processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 323-336, November.
- Leonenko, N.N. & Sakhno, L.M., 2006. "On the Whittle estimators for some classes of continuous-parameter random processes and fields," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(8), pages 781-795, April.
- Gao, Jiti, 2002. "Modeling long-range dependent Gaussian processes with application in continuous-time financial models," MPRA Paper 11973, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Sep 2003.
- Casas, Isabel & Gao, Jiti, 2006.
"Econometric estimation in long-range dependent volatility models: Theory and practice,"
11981, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Aug 2007.
- Casas, Isabel & Gao, Jiti, 2008. "Econometric estimation in long-range dependent volatility models: Theory and practice," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 72-83, November.
- Anh, V.V. & Leonenko, N.N. & Sakhno, L.M., 2007. "Statistical inference using higher-order information," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(4), pages 706-742, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.