Were black entrepreneurs displaced from the retail trade by white immigrant merchants? A study of northern cities in the early twentieth century
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics).
Volume (Year): 32 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert W. Fairlie & Bruce D. Meyer, .
"Does Immigration Hurt African-American Self-Employment?,"
IPR working papers
97-1, Institute for Policy Resarch at Northwestern University.
- Robert W. Fairlie & Bruce D. Meyer, 1997. "Does Immigration Hurt African-American Self-Employment?," NBER Working Papers 6265, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Collins, Wiiliam J., 1997. "When the Tide Turned: Immigration and the Delay of the Great Black Migration," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 57(03), pages 607-632, September.
- Maloney, Thomas N., 2001. "Migration and Economic Opportunity in the 1910s: New Evidence on African-American Occupational Mobility in the North," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 147-165, January.
- Robert W. Fairlie & Bruce D. Meyer, 2000. "Trends in Self-Employment among White and Black Men during the Twentieth Century," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 35(4), pages 643-669.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.