When the Tide Turned: Immigration and the Delay of the Great Black Migration
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Cambridge University Press in its journal The Journal of Economic History.
Volume (Year): 57 (1997)
Issue (Month): 03 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: The Edinburgh Building, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 2RU UK
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325150
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JEHProvider-Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vigdor, Jacob L., 2002. "The Pursuit of Opportunity: Explaining Selective Black Migration," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 391-417, May.
- Kha Yen Prentice & László Kónya & David Prentice, 2013. "Was the African American great migration delayed by outlawing emigrant agents?," Working Papers 2013.06, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Frankel, David M. & Pauzner, Ady, 2002.
"Expectations and the Timing of Neighborhood Change,"
Staff General Research Papers
11921, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Frankel, David M. & Pauzner, Ady, 2002. "Expectations and the Timing of Neighborhood Change," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 295-314, March.
- La Ferrara, Eliana & Mele, Angelo, 2006. "Racial Segregation and Public School Expenditure," CEPR Discussion Papers 5750, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chulhee Lee, 2005.
"Health, Information, and Migration: Geographic Mobility of Union Army Veterans, 1860-1880,"
NBER Working Papers
11207, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Chulhee, 2008. "Health, Information, and Migration: Geographic Mobility of Union Army Veterans, 1860–1880," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 68(03), pages 862-899, September.
- Fenske, James & Bharadwaj, Prashant, 2010.
"Partition, migration, and jute cultivation in India,"
22979, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Prashant Bharadwaj & James Fenske, 2011. "Partition, Migration, and Jute Cultivation in India," The Journal of Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 48(8), pages 1084-1107, January.
- Logan, Trevon D., 2009.
"Health, human capital, and African-American migration before 1910,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 169-185, April.
- Trevon D. Logan, 2008. "Health, Human Capital, and African American Migration Before 1910," NBER Working Papers 14037, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joshua L. Rosenbloom & William A. Sundstrom, 2003. "The Decline and Rise of Interstate Migration in the United States: Evidence from the IPUMS, 1850-1990," NBER Working Papers 9857, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Collins, William J., 2003. "The political economy of state-level fair employment laws, 1940-1964," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 24-51, January.
- Boyd, Robert L., 2003. "Were black entrepreneurs displaced from the retail trade by white immigrant merchants? A study of northern cities in the early twentieth century," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 447-455, September.
- Joshua L. Rosenbloom & William A. Sundstrom, 2009. "Labor-Market Regimes in U.S. Economic History," NBER Working Papers 15055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert A. Margo, 2004. "Ideology, Government, and the American Dilemma," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0411, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised May 2004.
- Maristella Botticini & Zvi Eckstein, 2006.
"Path Dependence and Occupations,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series
DP-154, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- David M. Frankel, 2004. "Was the Late 19th Century a Golden Age of Racial Integration?," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 167, Econometric Society.
- Leah Platt Boustan, 2007.
"Was Postwar Suburbanization "White Flight"? Evidence from the Black Migration,"
NBER Working Papers
13543, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leah Platt Boustan, 2010. "Was Postwar Suburbanization "White Flight"? Evidence from the Black Migration," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 125(1), pages 417-443, February.
- Maloney, Thomas N., 2001. "Migration and Economic Opportunity in the 1910s: New Evidence on African-American Occupational Mobility in the North," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 147-165, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.