Public research institutions and economic catch-up
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 36 (2007)
Issue (Month): 10 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klevorick, Alvin K. & Levin, Richard C. & Nelson, Richard R. & Winter, Sidney G., 1995.
"On the sources and significance of interindustry differences in technological opportunities,"
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 185-205, March.
- Alvin K. Klevorick & Richard C. Levin & Richard R. Nelson & Sidney G. Winter, 1993. "On the Sources and Significance of Interindustry Differences in Technological Opportunities," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1052, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Nelson, Richard R. & Sampat, Bhaven N., 2001. "Making sense of institutions as a factor shaping economic performance," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 31-54, January.
- Bernardes, Americo Tristao & Albuquerque, Eduardo da Motta e, 2003. "Cross-over, thresholds, and interactions between science and technology: lessons for less-developed countries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 865-885, May.
- Graham, Douglas H & Gauthier, Howard & de Barros, Jose Roberto Mendonca, 1987. "Thirty Years of Agricultural Growth in Brazil: Crop Performance, Regional Profile, and Recent Policy Review," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 1-34, October.
- Abramovitz, Moses, 1986. "Catching Up, Forging Ahead, and Falling Behind," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(02), pages 385-406, June.
- Odagiri, Hiroyuki & Goto, Akira, 1996. "Technology and Industrial Development in Japan: Building Capabilities by Learning, Innovation and Public Policy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288022, September.
- Lee, Dal Hwan & Bae, Zong-Tae & Lee, Jinjoo, 1991. "Performance and adaptive roles of the government-supported research institute in South Korea," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 19(10), pages 1421-1440, October.
- Kim,Linsu & Nelson,Richard R. (ed.), 2000. "Technology, Learning, and Innovation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521770033.
- Rosenberg, Nathan & Nelson, Richard R., 1994. "American universities and technical advance in industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 323-348, May.
- Márcia Siqueira Rapini & Eduardo da Motta e Albuquerque & Leandro Alves Silva & Sara Gonçalves Antunes de Souza & Hérica Morais Righi & Wellington Marcelo Silva da Cruz, 2006. "Spots of interaction: an investigation on the relationship between firms and universities in Minas Gerais, Brazil," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td286, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Pardey, Philip G. & Alston, Julian M. & Chan-Kang, Connie & Magalhaes, Eduardo C. & Vosti, Stephen A., 2004. "Assessing and attributing the benefits from varietal improvement research in Brazil:," Research reports 136, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Simplice A Asongu, 2013.
"On the Obituary of Scientific Knowledge Monopoly,"
AccessEcon, vol. 33(4), pages 2718-2731.
- Chataway, Joanna & Hanlin, Rebecca & Mugwagwa, Julius & Muraguri, Lois, 2010. "Global health social technologies: Reflections on evolving theories and landscapes," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1277-1288, December.
- Cheng-Hua Tzeng & Paul Beamish & Shih-Fen Chen, 2011. "Institutions and entrepreneurship development: High-technology indigenous firms in China and Taiwan," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 453-481, September.
- Luciano Martins Costa Póvoa, 2008. "A Crescente Importância Das Universidades E Institutos Públicos De Pesquisa No Processo De Catching-Up Tecnológico," Anais do XIII Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 13th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais], in: Anais do XIII Seminário sobre a Economia Mineira [Proceedings of the 13th Seminar on the Economy of Minas Gerais] Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Michael Reinhard & Markus Taube & Caterina Wasmer, 2007. "Industrienahe Technologiepolitik in China – Gefahr für die technologische Wettbewerbsfähigkeit Deutschlands?," Ifo Schnelldienst, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 60(23), pages 20-31, December.
- Asongu Simplice, 2013.
"A brief future of Time in the monopoly of scientific knowledge,"
13/001, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Asongu, Simplice A, 2013. "A brief future of Time in the monopoly of scientific knowledge," MPRA Paper 46959, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giuliani, Elisa & Morrison, Andrea & Pietrobelli, Carlo & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2010.
"Who are the researchers that are collaborating with industry? An analysis of the wine sectors in Chile, South Africa and Italy,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 748-761, July.
- E. Giuliani & A. Morrison & C. Pietrobelli & R. Rabellotti, 2010. "Who are the researchers that are collaborating with industry? An analysis of the wine sectors in Chile, South Africa and Italy," Working Papers Prin 009, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Pluvia Zuniga, 2011. "The State of Patenting at Research Institutions in Developing Countries: Policy Approaches and Practices," WIPO Economic Research Working Papers 04, World Intellectual Property Organization - Economics and Statistics Division, revised Dec 2011.
- Cusmano, Lucia & Morrison, Andrea & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2009.
"Catching-Up Trajectories In The Wine Sector: A Comparative Study Of Chile, Italy And South Africa,"
48299, American Association of Wine Economists.
- Cusmano, Lucia & Morrison, Andrea & Rabellotti, Roberta, 2010. "Catching up Trajectories in the Wine Sector: A Comparative Study of Chile, Italy, and South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 1588-1602, November.
- L. Cusmano & A. Morrison & R. Rabellotti, 2009. "Catching-up Trajectories in the Wine Sector: A Comparative Study on Chile, Italy and South Africa," Working Papers Prin 001, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Lucia Cusmano & Andrea Morrison & Roberta Rabellotti, 2009. "Catching-up Trajectories in the Wine Sector: A Comparative Study on Chile, Italy and South Africa," KITeS Working Papers 007, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Mar 2009.
- Andreas Reinstaller & Fabian Unterlass, 2012. "Innovation at the Firm Level across Countries with Different Economic and Technological Capacity," WIFO Working Papers 436, WIFO.
- Baptista, Rui & Lima, Francisco & Mendonça, Joana, 2011. "Establishment of higher education institutions and new firm entry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 751-760, June.
- Fatas-Villafranca, Francisco & Jarne, Gloria & Sanchez-Choliz, Julio, 2009. "Industrial leadership in science-based industries: A co-evolution model," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 390-407, October.
- Gersbach, Hans & Schneider, Maik & Schneller, Olivier, 2010. "Optimal Mix of Applied and Basic Research, Distance to Frontier, and Openness," CEPR Discussion Papers 7795, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Santiago-Rodriguez, Fernando & Dutrenit, Gabriela, 2010. "Determinants of PRO-industry interactions in pharmaceutical R&D: the case of Mexico," MERIT Working Papers 053, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Neuer, Kim Dobbie, 2010. "Achieving Lisbon: The EU's R&D challenge. The role of the public sector and implications of US best practice on regional policymaking in Europe," BeitrÃ¤ge der Hochschule Pforzheim 137, Pforzheim University.
- repec:wip:wpaper:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bodas Freitas, Isabel Maria & Marques, Rosane Argou & Silva, Evando Mirra de Paula e, 2013. "University–industry collaboration and innovation in emergent and mature industries in new industrialized countries," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 443-453.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.