Cross-over, thresholds, and interactions between science and technology: lessons for less-developed countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 32 (2003)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:fth:harver:1473 is not listed on IDEAS
- Griliches, Zvi, 1990.
"Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Chapters, in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 287-343 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zvi Griliches, 1991. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 3301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cimoli, Mario & Dosi, Giovanni, 1995. "Technological Paradigms, Patterns of Learning and Development: An Introductory Roadmap," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 243-68, September.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-71, September.
- Fagerberg, Jan, 1994. "Technology and International Differences in Growth Rates," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1147-75, September.
- Robert J. Barro, 2013.
"Inflation and Economic Growth,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Chris Freeman & Luc Soete, 1997. "The Economics of Industrial Innovation, 3rd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 3, volume 1, number 0262061953, June.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1997. "Opportunities, Incentives and the Collective Patterns of Technological Change," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(444), pages 1530-47, September.
- Shapira, Philip & Klein, Hans & Kuhlmann, Stefan, 2001. "Innovations in European and US innovation policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 869-872, June.
- Perez, Carlota & Soete, Luc, 1988. "Catching up in technology: entry barriers and windows of opportunity," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-6335, Maastricht University.
- Hicks, Diana, 1995. "Published Papers, Tacit Competencies and Corporate Management of the Public/Private Character of Knowledge," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 401-24.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1991. "What makes basic research economically useful?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 109-119, April.
- Narin, Francis & Hamilton, Kimberly S. & Olivastro, Dominic, 1997. "The increasing linkage between U.S. technology and public science," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 317-330, October.
- Rosenberg, Nathan, 1990. "Why do firms do basic research (with their own money)?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 165-174, April.
- Romer, Paul M, 1990.
"Endogenous Technological Change,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages S71-102, October.
- Abramovitz,Moses, 1989. "Thinking about Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521333962, October.
- Chaves, Catari Vilela & Moro, Sueli, 2007. "Investigating the interaction and mutual dependence between science and technology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 1204-1220, October.
- Leonardo Costa Ribeiro & Ricardo Machado Ruiz & Américo Tristão Bernardes & Eduardo da Motta e Albuquerque, 2008. "Matrices of science and technology interactions: implications for development," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td333, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Barnard, Helena, 2008. "Uneven domestic knowledge bases and the success of foreign firms in the USA," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1674-1683, December.
- Leonardo Costa Ribeiro & Isabel de Azeredo Moura & Luiza Teixeira de Melo Franco & Márcia Siqueira Rapini & Eduardo da Motta e Albuquerque, 2009. "The scientific and technological trajectories of four Latin American countries: Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina, and Brazil," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td362, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Márcia Siqueira Rapini & Eduardo da Motta e Albuquerque & Leandro Alves Silva & Sara Gonçalves Antunes de Souza & Hérica Morais Righi & Wellington Marcelo Silva da Cruz, 2006. "Spots of interaction: an investigation on the relationship between firms and universities in Minas Gerais, Brazil," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td286, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Leonardo Costa Ribeiro & Ricardo Machado Ruiz & Américo Tristão Bernardes & Eduardo da Motta e Albuquerque, 2006. "The curse of technological race: the red queen effect," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td288, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Suleiman “Sul” Kassicieh, 2010. "The Knowledge Economy and Entrepreneurial Activities in Technology-Based Economic Development," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 24-47, March.
- Adriana Moreira Amado & Marco Flávio da Cunha Resende & Frederico G. Jayme Jr., 2007.
"Growth Cycles In Latin America And Developed Countries,"
Anais do XXXV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 35th Brazilian Economics Meeting]
035, ANPEC - Associação Nacional dos Centros de Pósgraduação em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Adriana Moreira Amado & Marco Flávio da Cunha Resende & Frederico G. Jayme Jr., 2008. "Growth cycles in Latin America and developed countries," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td327, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Eduardo da Motta e Albuquerque & Leandro Alves Silva & Márcia Siqueira Rapini & Sara Gonçalves Antunes de Souza, 2005. "Interactions between firms and universities in an immature system of innovation: a survey of industrial R&D-performers firms in Minas Gerais, Brazil," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td280, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Velho, Lea, 2004. "Science and Technology in Latin America and the Caribbean: An Overview," Discussion Papers 04, United Nations University, Institute for New Technologies.
- Barnard, H. & Cowan, R. & Müller, M., 2012. "Global excellence at the expense of local diffusion, or a bridge between two worlds? Research in science and technology in the developing world," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 756-769.
- Clemente Forero & Andrés Zambrano, 2004. "La dinámica de las publicaciones y las patentes como una aproximación al desarrollo científico y tecnológico de los países," BORRADORES DE INVESTIGACIÃN 002977, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Chaves, Catari Vilela & Carvalho, Soraia Schultz Martins & Silva, Leandro Alves & Teixeira, Tânia Cristina & Bernardes, Patrícia, 2012. "The point of view of firms in Minas Gerais about the contribution of universities and research institutes to R&D activities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(9), pages 1683-1695.
- Elias Soukiazis & Tulio Cravo, 2006. "Human Capital As a Conditioning Factor to the Convergence Process Among the Brazilian States," ERSA conference papers ersa06p50, European Regional Science Association.
- Américo Tristão Bernardes & Ricardo Machado Ruiz & Leonardo Costa Ribeiro & Eduardo da Motta e Albuquerque, 2006. "Modeling economic growth fuelled by science and technology," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td294, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Mazzoleni, Roberto & Nelson, Richard R., 2007. "Public research institutions and economic catch-up," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1512-1528, December.
- Marco Flávio da Cunha Resende & Daniela Almeida Raposo Torres, 2008. "National innovation system, competitiveness and economic growth," Textos para DiscussÃ£o Cedeplar-UFMG td325, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.