Historical evolution of technological diversification
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 33 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco & Malerba, Franco, 2003. "Knowledge-relatedness in firm technological diversification," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Cantwell, John & Janne, Odile, 1999. "Technological globalisation and innovative centres: the role of corporate technological leadership and locational hierarchy1," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 119-144, March.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1990.
"Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Chapters, in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 287-343 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zvi Griliches, 1991. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 3301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Archibugi, Daniele & Iammarino, Simona, 1999. "The policy implications of the globalisation of innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 317-336, March.
- Cantwell, John, 1995. "The Globalisation of Technology: What Remains of the Product Cycle Model?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 155-74, February.
- Acs, Zoltan J & Audretsch, David B, 1989. "Patents as a Measure of Innovative Activity," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 171-80.
- Vertova, Giovanna, 2002. "A historical investigation of the geography of innovative activities," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 259-283, September.
- Edwin Mansfield, 1986. "Patents and Innovation: An Empirical Study," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(2), pages 173-181, February.
- John Dunning, 1998. "Globalization and the new geography of foreign direct investment," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 47-69.
- repec:fth:harver:1473 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cantwell, John, 2000. "Technological lock-in of large firms since the interwar period," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 147-174, August.
- Dunning, John H., 1994. "Multinational enterprises and the globalization of innovatory capacity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 67-88, January.
- Piscitello, Lucia, 2000. "Relatedness and coherence in technological and product diversification of the world's largest firms," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 295-315, September.
- Walter Kuemmerle, 1999. "The Drivers of Foreign Direct Investment into Research and Development: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 30(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Giovanna Vertova, 1999. "Stability In National Patterns Of Technological Specialisation:Some Historical Evidence From Patent Data," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 331-354.
- Cantwell, John & Iammarino, Simona, 2001. "EU Regions and Multinational Corporations: Change, Stability and Strengthening of Technological Comparative Advantages," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 1007-37, December.
- Richard Whitley, 2002. "Developing innovative competences: the role of institutional frameworks," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 497-528, June.
- Patel, Pari & Pavitt, Keith, 1987. "Is Western Europe losing the technological race?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2-4), pages 59-85, August.
- Scherer, F. M., 1983. "The propensity to patent," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 107-128, March.
- Patel, Pari, 1995. "Localised Production of Technology for Global Markets," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 141-53, February.
- Archibugi, Daniele & Pianta, Mario, 1992. "Specialization and size of technological activities in industrial countries: The analysis of patent data," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 79-93, February.
- Cantwell, John & Piscitello, Lucia, 2000. "Accumulating Technological Competence: Its Changing Impact on Corporate Diversification and Internationalization," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 21-51, March.
- Lucio Picci & Luca Savorelli, 2013. "The Technological Specialization of Countries: An Analysis of Patent Data," Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics 201301, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Wilson Suzigan & Joao Furtado & Renato Garcia & Sergio Sampaio, 2005. "Knowledge, Innovation and Agglomeration - regionalized multiple indicators and evidence from Brazil," ERSA conference papers ersa05p362, European Regional Science Association.
- Garcia-Vega, Maria, 2006. "Does technological diversification promote innovation?: An empirical analysis for European firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 230-246, March.
- Bergek, Anna & Berggren, Christian, 2004. "Technological internationalisation in the electro-technical industry: a cross-company comparison of patenting patterns 1986-2000," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1285-1306, November.
- Athreye, Suma & Cantwell, John, 2007.
"Creating competition?: Globalisation and the emergence of new technology producers,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 209-226, March.
- Suma Athreye & John Cantwell, 2005. "Creating Competition? Globalisation and the emergence of new technology producers," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 52, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- David Rigby, 2012. "The Geography of Knowledge Relatedness and Technological Diversification in U.S. Cities," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1218, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Oct 2012.
- Collinson, Simon C. & Wang, Rowena, 2012. "The evolution of innovation capability in multinational enterprise subsidiaries: Dual network embeddedness and the divergence of subsidiary specialisation in Taiwan," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(9), pages 1501-1518.
- Xia Wang, 2005. "Technological Characteristics and R&D Alliance Form: Evidence from the U.S. Biotechnology Industry," Working papers 2005-35, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Quintás, Maria A. & Vázquez, Xosé H. & Garcia, José M. & Caballero, Gloria, 2008. "Geographical amplitude in the international generation of technology: Present situation and business determinants," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1371-1381, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.