Historical evolution of technological diversification
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 33 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Walter Kuemmerle, 1999. "The Drivers of Foreign Direct Investment into Research and Development: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 30(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Cantwell, John & Janne, Odile, 1999. "Technological globalisation and innovative centres: the role of corporate technological leadership and locational hierarchy1," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 119-144, March.
- Zvi Griliches, 1990.
"Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey,"
NBER Working Papers
3301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Chapters, in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 287-343 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Cantwell, John & Piscitello, Lucia, 2000. "Accumulating Technological Competence: Its Changing Impact on Corporate Diversification and Internationalization," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 21-51, March.
- Edwin Mansfield, 1986. "Patents and Innovation: An Empirical Study," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(2), pages 173-181, February.
- Dunning, John H., 1994. "Multinational enterprises and the globalization of innovatory capacity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 67-88, January.
- Archibugi, Daniele & Iammarino, Simona, 1999. "The policy implications of the globalisation of innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 317-336, March.
- Patel, Pari, 1995. "Localised Production of Technology for Global Markets," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 141-53, February.
- Scherer, F. M., 1983. "The propensity to patent," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 107-128, March.
- Vertova, Giovanna, 2002. "A historical investigation of the geography of innovative activities," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 259-283, September.
- Piscitello, Lucia, 2000. "Relatedness and coherence in technological and product diversification of the world's largest firms," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 295-315, September.
- John Dunning, 1998. "Globalization and the new geography of foreign direct investment," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 47-69.
- Acs, Zoltan J & Audretsch, David B, 1989. "Patents as a Measure of Innovative Activity," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 171-80.
- Archibugi, Daniele & Pianta, Mario, 1992. "Specialization and size of technological activities in industrial countries: The analysis of patent data," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 79-93, February.
- Cantwell, John, 2000. "Technological lock-in of large firms since the interwar period," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 147-174, August.
- repec:fth:harver:1473 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patel, Pari & Pavitt, Keith, 1987. "Is Western Europe losing the technological race?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2-4), pages 59-85, August.
- Giovanna Vertova, 1999. "Stability In National Patterns Of Technological Specialisation:Some Historical Evidence From Patent Data," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 331-354.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco & Malerba, Franco, 2003. "Knowledge-relatedness in firm technological diversification," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Basberg, Bjorn L., 1987. "Patents and the measurement of technological change: A survey of the literature," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2-4), pages 131-141, August.
- Cantwell, John, 1995. "The Globalisation of Technology: What Remains of the Product Cycle Model?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 155-74, February.
- Richard Whitley, 2002. "Developing innovative competences: the role of institutional frameworks," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(3), pages 497-528, June.
- Cantwell, John & Iammarino, Simona, 2001. "EU Regions and Multinational Corporations: Change, Stability and Strengthening of Technological Comparative Advantages," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 1007-37, December.
- Garcia-Vega, Maria, 2006. "Does technological diversification promote innovation?: An empirical analysis for European firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 230-246, March.
- Lucio Picci & Luca Savorelli, 2013.
"The Technological Specialization of Countries: An Analysis of Patent Data,"
Discussion Paper Series, Department of Economics
201301, Department of Economics, University of St. Andrews.
- Lucio, Picci & Luca, Savorelli, 2013. "The Technological Specialization of Countries: An Analysis of Patent Data," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-24, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Xia Wang, 2005. "Technological Characteristics and R&D Alliance Form: Evidence from the U.S. Biotechnology Industry," Working papers 2005-35, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Quintás, Maria A. & Vázquez, Xosé H. & Garcia, José M. & Caballero, Gloria, 2008. "Geographical amplitude in the international generation of technology: Present situation and business determinants," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1371-1381, September.
- Collinson, Simon C. & Wang, Rowena, 2012. "The evolution of innovation capability in multinational enterprise subsidiaries: Dual network embeddedness and the divergence of subsidiary specialisation in Taiwan," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(9), pages 1501-1518.
- Ron Boschma & Pierre-Alexandre Balland & Dieter Franz Kogler, 2013. "Relatedness and Technological Change in Cities: The rise and fall of technological knowledge in U.S. metropolitan areas from 1981 to 2010," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1316, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Sep 2013.
- David Rigby, 2012. "The Geography of Knowledge Relatedness and Technological Diversification in U.S. Cities," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1218, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Oct 2012.
- Suma Athreye & John Cantwell, 2005.
"Creating Competition? Globalisation and the emergence of new technology producers,"
Open Discussion Papers in Economics
52, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Athreye, Suma & Cantwell, John, 2007. "Creating competition?: Globalisation and the emergence of new technology producers," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 209-226, March.
- Bergek, Anna & Berggren, Christian, 2004. "Technological internationalisation in the electro-technical industry: a cross-company comparison of patenting patterns 1986-2000," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1285-1306, November.
- Kim, Kibae & Jung, Sungdo & Lee, Changjun & Hwang, Junseok, 2013. "Structure of technology evolution: The way on which ICT industry emerged in Korea," 24th European Regional ITS Conference, Florence 2013 88508, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Wilson Suzigan & Joao Furtado & Renato Garcia & Sergio Sampaio, 2005. "Knowledge, Innovation and Agglomeration - regionalized multiple indicators and evidence from Brazil," ERSA conference papers ersa05p362, European Regional Science Association.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.