Tacitness, codification of technological knowledge and the organisation of industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 31 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cohen, Michael D, et al, 1996.
"Routines and Other Recurring Action Patterns of Organizations: Contemporary Research Issues,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 5(3), pages 653-98.
- Michael D. Cohen & Roger Burkhart & Giovanni Dosi & Massimo Egidi & Luigi Marengo & Massimo Warglien & Sidney Winter & with comments by Benjamin Coriat, 1995. "Routines and Other Recurring Action Patterns of Organizations: Contemporary Research Issues," Working Papers 95-11-101, Santa Fe Institute.
- Gurisatti, Paolo & Soli, Vladimiro & Tattara, Giuseppe, 1997. "Patterns of Diffusion of New Technologies in Small Metal-Working Firms: The Case of an Italian Region," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 275-312, March.
- Giovanni Dosi & Luigi Marengo, 1999. "On the tangled discourse between transaction costs economics and competence-based views of the firms: Some comments," LEM Papers Series 1999/08, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Sturgeon, Timothy J., 1997. "Turnkey Production Networks: A New American Model of Industrial Organization?," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt2095c9d0, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Arrow, Kenneth J, 1996. "Technical Information and Industrial Structure," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 645-52.
- Ashish Arora & Alfonso Gambardella & Enzo Rullani, 1997. "Division of Labour and the Locus of Inventive Activity," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 123-140, March.
- Cowan, Robin & David, Paul A & Foray, Dominique, 2000.
"The Explicit Economics of Knowledge Codification and Tacitness,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 211-53, June.
- Cowan,Robin & David,Paul & Foray,Dominique, 1999. "The Explicit Economics of Knowledge Codification and Tacitness," Research Memorandum 025, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Robin Cowan & Paul A. David & Dominique Foray, 1999. "The Explicit Economics of Knowledge Codification and Tacitness," Working Papers 99027, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters, in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Thomas W. Malone & Vijay Gurbaxani & Ajit Kambil, 1994.
"Does Information Technology Lead to Smaller Firms?,"
INFORMS, vol. 40(12), pages 1628-1644, December.
- Erik J. Brynjolfsson & Thomas Malone & Vijay Gurbaxani & Ajit Kambil, 1991. "Does Information Technology Lead to Smaller Firms?," Working Paper Series 123, MIT Center for Coordination Science.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1998. "Technologies, Products and Organization in the Innovating Firm: What Adam Smith Tells Us and Joseph Schumpeter Doesn't," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 7(3), pages 433-52, September.
- A. Arrighetti, 1999. "Integrazione verticale in Italia e in Europa: tendenze ed ipotesi interpretative," Economics Department Working Papers 1999-EP07, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Cowan, Robin & Foray, Dominique, 1997. "The Economics of Codification and the Diffusion of Knowledge," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(3), pages 595-622, September.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F, 1999.
"Computerisation and Wage Dispersion: An Analytical Reinterpretation,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(456), pages F390-415, June.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan, 1997. "Computerization and Wage Dispersion: An Analytical Reinterpretation," Working Papers 97031, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-71, September.
- Senker, Jacqueline, 1995. "Tacit Knowledge and Models of Innovation," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 425-47.
- Ancori, Bernard & Bureth, Antoine & Cohendet, Patrick, 2000. "The Economics of Knowledge: The Debate about Codification and and Tacit Knowledge," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 255-87, June.
- Cohendet, Patrick & Steinmueller, W Edward, 2000. "The Codification of Knowledge: A Conceptual and Empirical Exploration," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 195-209, June.
- repec:hal:gemwpa:hal-00962391 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bozeman, Barry & Corley, Elizabeth, 2004. "Scientists' collaboration strategies: implications for scientific and technical human capital," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 599-616, May.
- Pierre-Alexandre Balland & José Antonio Belso-Martínez & Andrea Morrison, 2014. "The Dynamics of Technical and Business Networks in Industrial Clusters: Embeddedness, status or proximity?," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1412, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Apr 2014.
- Oyelaran-Oyeyinka, Banji & Barclay, Lou Anne, 2003. "Systems of Innovation and Human Capital in African Development," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 2, United Nations University - INTECH.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.