Interdependencies between the science and technology infrastructure and innovation activities in German regions: empirical findings and policy consequences
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Research Policy.
Volume (Year): 28 (1999)
Issue (Month): 5 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kevin Morgan, 1997. "The Learning Region: Institutions, Innovation and Regional Renewal," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(5), pages 491-503.
- Jaffe, Adam B & Trajtenberg, Manuel & Henderson, Rebecca, 1993.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-98, August.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," Papers 14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," NBER Working Papers 3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mansfield, Edwin, 1991. "Academic research and industrial innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Jaffe, Adam B, 1989. "Real Effects of Academic Research," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(5), pages 957-70, December.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-71, September.
- Beise, Marian & Stahl, Harald, 1998.
"Public research and industrial innovations in Germany,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
98-37, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Beise, Marian & Stahl, Harald, 1999. "Public research and industrial innovations in Germany," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 397-422, April.
- Grupp, Hariolf, 1996. "Spillover Effects and the Science Base of Innovations Reconsidered: An Empirical Approach," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 175-97, May.
- Grupp, Hariolf, 1994. "The measurement of technical performance of innovations by technometrics and its impact on established technology indicators," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 175-193, March.
- Stephen Roper & Nola Hewitt-Dundas & James H Love, 2003. "An Ex Ante Evaluation Framework for the Regional Impact of Publicly Supported R&D Projects," ERSA conference papers ersa03p100, European Regional Science Association.
- Paola Cardamone & Valeria Pupo & Fernanda Ricotta, 2012. "University And Firm Performance In The Italian Manufacturing Sector," Working Papers 201207, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza (Ex Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica).
- Garcia-Quevedo, Jose, 2000. "University Research And The Location Of Innovative Activities In Spain," ERSA conference papers ersa00p178, European Regional Science Association.
- Bross, Ulrike & Walter, Günter H., 2000. "Socio-economic analysis of North Rhine-Westphalia: joint research projekt INCO-COPERNICUS," Working Papers "Firms and Region" R2/2000, Fraunhofer Institute for Systems and Innovation Research (ISI).
- Deyle, Hanno-G. & Grupp, Hariolf, 2005. "Commuters and the regional assignment of innovative activities: A methodological patent study of German districts," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 221-234, March.
- Fritsch, Michael & Slavtchev, Viktor, 2006.
"Universities and innovation in space,"
Freiberg Working Papers
2006,15, TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Andersson, Martin & Karlsson, Charlie, 2004. "The Role of Accessibility for the Performance of Regional Innovation Systems," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 9, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Thomas Brenner & Charlotte Schlump, 2013. "Universities, Public Research and Regional Innovation Output: An Empirical Study of 19 Technologies in Germany," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2013-03, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Paola Cardamone & Valeria Pupo & Fernanda Ricotta, 2014. "Assessing The Impact Of University Technology Transfer On Firms’ Innovation," Working Papers 201403, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza (Ex Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica).
- Fornahl, Dirk & Brenner, Thomas, 2009. "Geographic concentration of innovative activities in Germany," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 163-182, September.
- José García Quevedo, 2002. "The location of innovation. Universities and technological infrastructure in Spain," Working Papers 2002/2, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Hewitt-Dundas, Nola, 2012. "Research intensity and knowledge transfer activity in UK universities," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 262-275.
- Wilson, David & Souitaris, Vangelis, 2002. "Do Germany's federal and land governments (still) co-ordinate their innovation policies?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1123-1140, September.
- Van Looy, Bart & Landoni, Paolo & Callaert, Julie & van Pottelsberghe, Bruno & Sapsalis, Eleftherios & Debackere, Koenraad, 2011. "Entrepreneurial effectiveness of European universities: An empirical assessment of antecedents and trade-offs," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 553-564, May.
- Nola Hewitt-Dundas, 2013. "The role of proximity in university-business cooperation for innovation," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 93-115, April.
- Guido Buenstorf & Matthias Geissler, 2011.
"The origins of entrants and the geography of the German laser industry,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(2), pages 251-270, 06.
- Guido Buenstorf & Matthias Geissler, 2008. "The Origins of Entrants and the Geography of the German Laser Industry," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2008-14, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Evolutionary Economics Group.
- Autant-Bernard, Corinne, 2001. "Science and knowledge flows: evidence from the French case," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1069-1078, August.
- José García Quevedo, 2001. "University research and the location of patents in Spain," Working Papers 2001/8, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Friedrich Dornbusch & Sidonia von Proff & Thomas Brenner, 2013. "The organizational and regional determinants of inter-regional collaborations â€“ Academic inventors as bridging agents," Working Papers on Innovation and Space 2013-11, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Roper, Stephen & Smallbone, David & Vickers, Ian & North, David & Hewitt-Dundas, Nola, 2002. "Innovation and business performance - a provisional multi-regional analysis," ERSA conference papers ersa02p365, European Regional Science Association.
- Tomas del Barrio Castro & Jose Andres Garcia Quevedo, 2004. "The geography of innovation: the effects of university research," Working Papers in Economics 120, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Muriel Fadairo & Nadine Massard, 2009. "The geography of innovation : challenge to technology policy within regions," Working Papers hal-00377007, HAL.
- Stephen Roper, 2001. "Benchmarking Regional Innovation: A Comparison of Bavaria, Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland," ERSA conference papers ersa01p39, European Regional Science Association.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.