Energy saving latent heat storage and environmental friendly humidity-controlled materials for indoor climate
AbstractThis paper reviews the development and application of energy saving latent heat storage phase change materials (PCMs) and environmental friendly humidity-controlled materials for indoor thermal management and humidity control. Based on the studies reported in the literatures, we indicated that the super-efficient and innovative micro-encapsulated form-stable composite PCM and humidity-controlled materials with high moisture absorption and desorption capacity and intelligent self-humidity-control and related key techniques are worth to be expected.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews.
Volume (Year): 16 (2012)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cai, W.G. & Wu, Y. & Zhong, Y. & Ren, H., 2009. "China building energy consumption: Situation, challenges and corresponding measures," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 2054-2059, June.
- Tyagi, Vineet Veer & Buddhi, D., 2007. "PCM thermal storage in buildings: A state of art," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 1146-1166, August.
- Agyenim, Francis & Hewitt, Neil & Eames, Philip & Smyth, Mervyn, 2010. "A review of materials, heat transfer and phase change problem formulation for latent heat thermal energy storage systems (LHTESS)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 615-628, February.
- Verma, Prashant & Varun & Singal, S.K., 2008. "Review of mathematical modeling on latent heat thermal energy storage systems using phase-change material," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 999-1031, May.
- Nikolaidis, Yiannis & Pilavachi, Petros A. & Chletsis, Alexandros, 2009. "Economic evaluation of energy saving measures in a common type of Greek building," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(12), pages 2550-2559, December.
- Kim, Hyung Chul & Keoleian, Gregory A. & Horie, Yuhta A., 2006. "Optimal household refrigerator replacement policy for life cycle energy, greenhouse gas emissions, and cost," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 2310-2323, October.
- Sharma, Atul & Tyagi, V.V. & Chen, C.R. & Buddhi, D., 2009. "Review on thermal energy storage with phase change materials and applications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 318-345, February.
- Zhou, Guobing & Zhang, Yinping & Zhang, Qunli & Lin, Kunping & Di, Hongfa, 2007. "Performance of a hybrid heating system with thermal storage using shape-stabilized phase-change material plates," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 84(10), pages 1068-1077, October.
- Mahlia, T. M. I. & Masjuki, H. H. & Saidur, R. & Amalina, M. A., 2004. "Cost-benefit analysis of implementing minimum energy efficiency standards for household refrigerator-freezers in Malaysia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(16), pages 1819-1824, November.
- Kuznik, Frédéric & David, Damien & Johannes, Kevyn & Roux, Jean-Jacques, 2011. "A review on phase change materials integrated in building walls," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 379-391, January.
- Jegadheeswaran, S. & Pohekar, Sanjay D., 2009. "Performance enhancement in latent heat thermal storage system: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(9), pages 2225-2244, December.
- Kuznik, Frédéric & Virgone, Joseph, 2009. "Experimental assessment of a phase change material for wall building use," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 86(10), pages 2038-2046, October.
- Pasupathy, A. & Velraj, R. & Seeniraj, R.V., 2008. "Phase change material-based building architecture for thermal management in residential and commercial establishments," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 39-64, January.
- Tyagi, V.V. & Kaushik, S.C. & Tyagi, S.K. & Akiyama, T., 2011. "Development of phase change materials based microencapsulated technology for buildings: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 1373-1391, February.
- Ge, Haoshan & Li, Haiyan & Mei, Shengfu & Liu, Jing, 2013. "Low melting point liquid metal as a new class of phase change material: An emerging frontier in energy area," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 331-346.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.